Sign in to follow this  
too hot

Insurance

Insurance is like most things Corrado related expensive. This year my renewal dropped through my letterbox last week and guess what ,surprise surprise it had gone up again,despite having full no claims,being old enough to be sensible,more security than Fort Knox.OK it was only £25 but this soon adds up if you let it coninue to increase annually.I decided to shop around and after one phone call I had saved £105 on the policy,that was without trying too hard.The moral of this story is always shop around.Don`t belive everything the Admiral tells you I now Esure and they are certainly worth trying when shopping around. :wink:

Indeed... despite having secured myself a policy at a cost of 1600 quid this year with direct line (21 years old, no claims, 2 years NCD) I have still be looking - amusingly I am getting quotes of up to £3200 - I wil be definately shopping around again when this current policy expires though.

i think belldirect.co.uk are difficult to beat

everyone i've recommended them to has saved a lot!

Indeed... despite having secured myself a policy at a cost of 1600 quid this year with direct line (21 years old, no claims, 2 years NCD) I have still be looking - amusingly I am getting quotes of up to £3200 - I wil be definately shopping around again when this current policy expires though.

Ouch m8!

I'm 22, 2yrs ncb, and on a VR6. Managed £1111 fully comp.

And don't forget my 6 points for speeding! :shock:

20 with 2yrs NCB and 3 points on a VR6 for about £1,100

not too shabby me thinks!

Ouch m8!

I'm 22, 2yrs ncb, and on a VR6. Managed £1111 fully comp.

Whos that with, im 22, 2yrs ncb on a 2.0 16v with 3 points and it was £1080 at renewal tpf&t.

It is with Adrian Flux after playing them off of Greenlight.

Also got all mods included too (alloys, tinted windows, induction kit).

People have moaned about Adrian Flux - but I have had absolutely no problem, and have my shite diesel van insured with them too - which was a £1k with most places (no NCD on it you see) and they said £714.

The full RAC cover for nothing is a boon too.

It is with Adrian Flux after playing them off of Greenlight.

Also got all mods included too (alloys, tinted windows, induction kit).

People have moaned about Adrian Flux - but I have had absolutely no problem, and have my shite diesel van insured with them too - which was a £1k with most places (no NCD on it you see) and they said £714.

The full RAC cover for nothing is a boon too.

Have you ever had to make a claim with them at all?

I wanted to try out Adrian Flux but was really put off as I had heard quite a few horror stories. If they are significantly better I might try giving em a call to see what they can do. I pay my Direct Line monthly so I could just cancel it if I was to save a shed load of money.

I've been with Admiral for a few years now, this year they charged me £515 fully comp. I'm 25, got 8 years no claims, no points, and a reasonable postcode, although the car isn't stored in a garage :?

Jamie

'93 Aqua blue VR6

I've insured my '92 VR6 through Tesco, Admiral and now Greenlight.

I started off with 1y NCB, parked off street and it cost me £1100 (Tesco)

Now I am 27, 3y NCB, wife has 6 points, Bristol postcode and its just £670

(thats business class fully comp).

It only cost an extra £40 to insure my wife despite her 6 points - not even a decent night out! :(

adrian flux wanted 600 renewal this year halifax have quoted 410 guess where i am going? 92 vr6 corrado 4 years no claims 32 years old fully comp.

I didn`t realise what a can of worms I had opened when I started this.Everyone has their own insurance stories and recommended companies.I see that there are a lot of young guys paying scary amounts,what about doing a cheapest and most expensive Insurance-survey forum whatever you want to call it. OK here goes VR6,`93 max no claims,no points,too old to speed :angel: live in the land that time forgot,fully comp £255 :!: :!: :!:

i'm 22, now 23 in january my premium for the current year was going to be £1200tpft with 1 years ncb on my 91' G60 and thought that was really steep so I got it on a limited milage policy of 5000miles it got the premium down to £680 which was a bit more sensible but I am still pissed off with paying high premiums for insurance evry time i ring round for quotes there is a big variety of quotes from £1200 to £2000 its a bit of a joke really.

That’s strange Diretline told me they wouldn't insure anyone under 30 on a g60. Don't you just hate insurance companies they can't even get there stories straight

Tony,

Try getting a quote through their online service - I bet it gives you a price!

They even quoted me for a TVR Tuscan despite being 21... :)

try privilege and most of all aplan.

privilege are covering me on 500bhp worth of impreza for under 2k!

I dirve the corrado thrid party and register it in someone elses name!

but then am 25 with max no claims, no history, claims etc.

greenlight have been known to be dodgy with my friends. They wont touch imports, but I guess that doesnt affect you lot. A friend of mine declared all his mods but not the power increase. then bragged about it on the net and had his results published on a dyno website, showing a 140bhp increase over standard, needless to say when he had a total loss claim, greenlight found a way of not paying, and he has lost about £30k as a result.

Think he contacted the ombudsman, and is trying to sort something.

not heard horror stories about adrian flux, but will remember.

try elephant as they are cheap, as are tescos for younger drivers.

as I said, definitely sticking with privilege and track days are no extra cost!!! :D

i am 22 got 1 years no claims but driving since oct ' 97 but lost my no claims as i claimed a theft on my car

i pay £970 Third party fire and theft