Sign in to follow this  
akacheesy

Constant Condensation Any Idea's?

I seem to constantly have a small patch of condensation on the inside of my windscreen. The bottom nearside.

Anyone else had this problem?

condensation on the inside of a windscreen especially when the heater is directed to the windscreen is normally a sign of heater matrix probs

Oh god, not the Corrado aswell??? I thought VW had nipped that in the bud with the MK2 Golf?

Did the Corrado get the same recall as the Golf?

Kev

Oh god, not the Corrado aswell??? I thought VW had nipped that in the bud with the MK2 Golf?

Did the Corrado get the same recall as the Golf?

Kev

AFAIK kev the recall only covered early C's and it wasn't the matrix as such that was replaced but some sort of return valve or similar

All cars eventually have to have the heater matrix replaced. It's just another fragile metal thing filled with water. It will eventually corrode away.. :(

VW would replace the matrix with a new improved one, if that gave up before the recall was carried out.

I sat on my recall for about 18mths on a C plate GTI. I eventually booked it in one thursday to be done the following tuesday. Friday night the wife comes home cursing, cos the heater won't clear the screen. I find coolant on the passenger mat.

Ring back VW, the guys says no bother, if the matrix has gone we'll swap that instead. He also told me that, anyone who had a matrix replaced by VW, before the recall went out could claim a refund if they had the receipt. This was 10 years ago mind. The recall should still be good though.

Kev, you need to ring VW, with your chassis number to find out for sure.

Gavin

my heater matrix mashed up today, steam in my face at 40mph along a cliff road.

could have been nasty :evil: :mad:

good job my brakes are good!

Try the seal around the air intake for the heater, its on the passenger side under the plastic cover. These either rot away or get so covered in leaves that they let water in. When i checked mine it had about 2lbs of good quality leaf compost around it! Mind you it didnt do the hoover much good sucking it all out!!!

Jim

thx for the tips I'm gonna take a look this weekend, don't think its the heater matrix as I do get air flow to the nearside and it is hot air, just not as strong as the drivers side.

if it is the matrix can ya tell me whats involved to sort it please?