Sign in to follow this  
yorkshireone

Problems with my C

Okay, so I bought my new vr 2 weeks ago (it used to belong to mtc r32) and ive already started to have a few problems. Not being the mechanical type i could do with a bit of help with diagnosis.

Here goes

1. The windows will only operate 1 at a time, seems there is not enough power to support them working simultaneously

2. The ABS light comes on intermittently, on some journeys it will not come on at all and on others it will come on for 5 mins and then go off and sometimes it just stays on constantly.

3. Most concerning of all when I was out it the car yesterday i noticed a sort of loud clicking noise coming from the rear left wheel area. The noise accelerates the faster I drive so It must be linked to the movement of the wheels. It got progressively louder throughout the day so I took the wheel off to have a nosey but I couldnt see anything obvious.

Like I said Im not very good with cars as Ive never had the opportunity to learn so any help with these issues would be great.

Im not sure if it matters but I had to have the alternator replaced last week (£350 :cry:) so the battery has been disconnected although they did recharge it and ive had the car out on a run to make sure.

Faithfully

jamie

1. Normal, they only operate one at a time.

2. Get it Vagcom'd and see if there are any faults in the ABS system.

3. Id take the wheel off and have a look around for anything that could be catching or rubbing (on a re-read youve done this)..

3. Look under the rear disc plates (not sure what they are called) because I had a stone that was caught in mine and it was making an almighty racket!

1: Same with all Corrado's

2: Get it scanned for faults, i had a similar issue turned out to be the peddle sensor which lives just under the master cylinder

1. already got the answer

2. VAG-COM is the way forward, although find a friend (off here) with this system, as VW will want £80 for the privelidge. Alternatively forget about it for now, as long as the front wheels still work and do not lock up (unless an MOT is due soon). The problem could be anything ABS related, but most likely the sensors - these can get dirty and need a clean, but more likely they are old and need replacing - not cheap from either GSF or VAG, so definately get it plugged into VAG-COM.

3. No idea. If you've looked and not found a dead cat stuck in the arch or a big bit of rubber hanging off the tyre, then sorry. But maybe its the ABS sensor hanging off ?? lol

3) Choke up the front wheels and raise the back of the car, spin the wheel and see if you can tell where it's coming from.

I recently had a noise coming from the front left which turned out to be the protector plate thing scraping against the brake disc. Just bent it out a little and all was solved.