Sign in to follow this  
KADVR6

usefull for DDI dial users???

just found this bit of info on vwvortex, think it could be the answer to the problem when fitting the DDI dials, in that you can loose the ability to see the needles in the dark, mine aren't that bad but could do with being better.

think i will pm the guy that is doing the kits about supplying us Brits..

karl

link to vwvortex. http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3202256

Oooh now that is sexy :norty:

I know that zarman did a similar thing with Porsche needles on his.

If you can get a kit and part numbers for the needles, that'd be good.

My copy of ETOS is dead at the moment, but if I get it fixed, I can look up the 1988 Audi Turbo part numbers :)

Had a quick look in ETKA. In the cluster diagram they are present, but attached to each individual gauge. No separate part numbers listed for the needles.

I'll too have that kit if its possible - Karl are you happy being our contact? :) If not, I'll also PM him and find a price.

ok guys, i have shown intrest on vwvortex, and have also e-mailed him. so my question is.

1, do we just want the kit without the needles?? sure they could be sourced here in the uk?? cost would be approx £15 plus delivery

2, do we want the kit with the needles?? cost approx £30 plus delivery.

cheers

karl

Otherwise £15 does seem a bit steep for 3 slivers of plastic... :(

The other option might be for someone to look up what needles they be that zarman used.

ZippyVR6 works at a Porsche dealership, so might be able to look up part numbers if they're availabe...

I wouldn't be too interested in faffing with sourcing parts etc - if you can pay £30 for the lot and its a simple procedure for fitting - i'd rather just do that to be perfectly honest.

also agree with the original poster on vortext - need to get rid of the green indicators and replace with red...

right guys, have asked him for the price for units of 10 and 20, it will be the full kit, so need to source the needles.

will keep ya all informed.

karl

that is spooky leon i had this -mail from the guy in the states about an hour ago.

Hi Karl, I never thought anyone would be interested in that MOD which was honestly just a hobby but now everybody is contacting me in making them. Those things are very time consuming to make and making 10 to 20 kits is not an easy task at all. I only produce 3 kits a week because I do have a full time job and a life too. I already have close to 40 members waiting for theirs and making them is just 1 part because there is still the issue of finding needles From a specific Audi model and modifying them.

So you see its not something you or myself can just buy at the dealer or parts store. I source my Audi clusters from either eBay and a junk yard. The needles will not function correctly without the right mods to them and explaining as to what needs to be done to them would be crazy. I would be here all night trying to type. I say give me a month so i can clear my plate of the other kits i still need to get finished. My kits are all hand made and that is where each and every single one is carefully perfected. I would hate to send you a rushed piece of crap and later have you bash me on VORTEX for it. I really hope you understand my situation but yes i will start making the 20 as soon as i can.

so when i do hear back from him, i will start a GB for them 8)

karl

LOL!

Well what I would suggest is worth doing - add a couple of names down in his 'list' so we don't get overtaken by another hoard of folks on vortext. what do you think?

sounds like a perfectly good thing to do, so if anyone wants these?? get onto vwvortex, and express the fact you want the needle kits, and you are from the UK.

is that a good idea???

i bought 3 ultra violet leds and mounted them in the cluster where the normal bulbs go [but played about with the angle they sit at] they illuminate the needles prefectly with no glare. cost £3.