Sign in to follow this  
staffs_til_i_die

Flashing blue lights in my rear-view mirror. Damn!

On the M6 the other day. Slight possibility I might have drifted slightly over the speed limit...

Next thing I know there's a big black Range Rover behind me. Then the blue lights came on under the front grill. I pulled over to the middle lane and slowed down, and our respected boys in blue came past signalling me to slow down.

Does anyone have any experience of this? Was this just a friendly warning, or will they have filmed me? Should I expect a fine and points through the post? Still in my first two years of driving, and already have 3 points. This would mean - no licence. This would put me so far into the dog house with my mrs that I doubt I would ever get out of it to even see my C let alone drive it... :(

Sounds like a warning...ive had the same before.

Always expect the unexpected though...

Neil.

Thats definatly a "Lets give this guy a scare!" Just a warning.

If they are going to do anything they have to stop you and issue a "Notice of Intended Prosecution" Slip!

It sounds like a warning to me. They probably would have pulled you over if you were going to be "nicked"

Cheers guys. It was one scare I didn't need! Will slow down until the two year marker has passed (October!)

Was very jealous of their Range Rover though - not usually my thing but it was the dog's danglers. The speed it disappeared!

Yeah that's a warning mate - happened to me loads of times. Even had a big hooner (joint) in my mouth once, and they still didn't pull me!

Yeah that's a warning mate - happened to me loads of times. Even had a big hooner (joint) in my mouth once, and they still didn't pull me!

Probably not the best idea to announce driving under the under influence of drugs on a public forum....

If they are going to do anything they have to stop you and issue a "Notice of Intended Prosecution" Slip!

They don't actually, they can film you and issue the NIP by post later, but they must issue it within 14 days. (Lots of info about this around, try the search and try google.)

They were probably of to something more serious than a bit of spirited driving, but thought they would remind you what the speed limits are. You might get a NIP in the post but it would seem unlikely.

Probably not the best idea to announce driving under the under influence of drugs on a public forum....

I didn't announce any such thing mate. Relax. Who was under the influence of anything?

He never said it was lit....

I didn't announce any such thing mate. Relax. Who was under the influence of anything?

Sorry, must have misunderstood the use of the word "joint", perhaps you were using it in a Westwood stylee ie. I had a car in my mouth?

No I had a zoot in my mouth. Simple. But you're the only person who says I was under the influence of something.

Were you there? Nope :)

Well you seemed surprised that the police didn't pull you despite having the hooner/joint/zoot/spliff/doobie in your mouth so one assumes there was something illegal in it, otherwise why mention it?

How did I seem suprised?

And why would a copper give a sh*t if it was lit or not? A hooner is a hooner. Hardly crime of the century anyway is it - being in posession of a bit of pot!

It was you that started spouting off about driving under the influence and how stupid I am for saying I was driving under the influence on a public forum. Well I didn't say that. You just started spouting for some reason.

Chill mate - not really your business either way is it?

Anyway..... back on topic.......

I reckon you'll be fine mate so I wouldn't worry :)

Blue flashing lights in your rear view mirror has to be one of natures best laxitives though even if you are fully legal don't you think?!!! :pale:

I too was smoking a mighty reefer. I was also mainlining some serious shee-it whilst making love to a under age pair of twins from Peru. So you can imagine my surprise when the police didn't pull me over.

Now if they'd known about the two corpses in the boot of my C then that maybe things might have turned out differently....

Too dark for the forum??!! :2gunfire: :lol:

I too was smoking a mighty reefer. I was also mainlining some serious shee-it whilst making love to a under age pair of twins from Peru. So you can imagine my surprise when the police didn't pull me over.

Now if they'd known about the two corpses in the boot of my C then that maybe things might have turned out differently....

Lol! I reckon we should meet up mate :)

Even had a big hooner (joint) in my mouth once, and they still didn't pull me!

Sounds like surprise but, whatever :roll:

No, thats showing the other fella (who started this thread) that it's pretty unlikely that anything will happen.

Anything else you have assumed.

So in your own words, whatever :)

Nope, bloody brilliant mate.