Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

Indicator doesn't cancel - Now sorted with pics.

My indicator doesn't cancel after turning right, can anyone tell me what I need to change/repair before I go too far stripping stuff out?

Thanks

Dave

mine does the same. Have always presumed it to be because of the aftermarket wheel and boss fitted as I am sure I have read somewhere that this happens sometimes.

The plot thickens.......

I think if you take off the boss there is a little bit of metal on the base that is meant to catch on the indicator mech and switch them off.

I have fitted one on my Mk1 cabby and have not been able to get either side to cancel. Kinda gave up and have got used to it now. Passed the mot ok so havnt worried about it. Would be good to find out the solution though>

I learnt to drive in a car which purposely had the indicator cancel disabled... now instinct for me a check and cancel them myself...

Auto-cancel is almost annoying for me sometimes!!!

My weird driving insticts programming :lol:

Won't be a MOT problem in the slightest.

Sure you can solve it Dave. Then maybe you can also be the home of the 'Corrado Indicators Don't Cancel Repair Kit' ;)

Sure you can solve it Dave. Then maybe you can also be the home of the 'Corrado Indicators Don't Cancel Repair Kit' ;)

Now there's an idea :wink:

I didn't think the boss had anything to do with the instrument stalks? I thought is was something inside the mechanism that controlled the canceling.

having almost the same problem my indicators will cancel some of the time and not others wich is realy getting on my t**s.

i have the standard wheel on it and any help is much apriciated .

will changing the stalks help or is their a switch on the wheel thats broken ?

regards adam

i have fitted a boss and after market and it depends on the positioning of the stick out bit.. it shouyld be at 3 o clock when u fit it.. and thus should cancel indicators...

my prob is different .. i have no noise when indicators are on so sometimes forget there on.. if on a motorway for example ?

any ideas ..

praise b the LOweReD, you are correct, I stripped off the wheel and repositioned the boss and it's sorted now, cheers.

I've attached a couple of phone pics to show others what we're on about. I've ringed the shoulder on the boss and also the catch on the column.

no worries mate... glad i finally knew something that could help someone lol..

anyone know why mine isnt making a noise when indicating ?

also anyone have a late model drivers side electric window switch.. ive managed to get it working .. just but need a replacment ?

andy