Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

sometimes it starts..sometimes it doesnt!

have had a few electrical probs with the car recently...thought i had got to the bottom of it..replaced the fuse box, replaced the old alarm, fixed loose fuel pump wiring but tried to start it yesterday and wouldnt start..ticked over but thats it..then tried again and started fine...today got to the car and wouldnt start..can hear the fuel pump kicking in so not that..tried again and after a about 10 seconds of ticking over it kinda coughed its way to starting..drove it..parked it and tried again and did the same thing..left it for about an hour and tried again and it started perfectly!!! very odd! im guessing it could be the ignition switch?? or does it sound like something else??

i used to have similar problems , turned out i had 2 broken wires on the plug for the throttle position switch (potentiometer). took a long long time to find out , changed many parts in the process. fuel pump, potentiometer, throttle body, mass air flow meter , ignition switch....... and all it was was 2 wires. :oops:

mine is a 2.0 16v

if this is no help at least its a bit funny :D

i had mine off the road for 6 months it ended up being the in tank lift pump,3 garages couldnt find the problem,i would defo get that checked!!!!