Sign in to follow this  
vr6corrado

How to join CCGB?

Well, you get a sticker...

Oh, and a bit of card.

You can also get some parts discount. Plus some insurers might knock a bit off your insurance because you are part of an owners club.

Is it as good as the forum stickers??

I quite like the style of the sticker (http://www.corradoclub.co.uk/thecorrado.html Top right). Not sure what the 'build quality' is like though.

You can get discounts on Insurance if you mention the Corrado Forum now....

(HIC do!)

The sticker is alright, but its a lick-it-all-over-then-sorta-sticks-to-the-window jobby, so not as neat as our vinyl jobbies :)

The sticker is alright, but its a lick-it-all-over-then-sorta-sticks-to-the-window jobby, so not as neat as our vinyl jobbies :)

Funnily enough... the 2 corrado club stickers i have on my car didn't have to be licked, in fact, if i tried, they would of stuck to my tounge and tasted funny.... So dont know where you got that from....

When you join, You get like has been said, A membership card, a club sticker, a quarterly magazine (the Sprinter), VW Parts club discount, and discount from insurance companys, and all Garages across Britain. Its only £15 for a year, £8 if you join now, And every year i've been a member, i've made that money back with discounts i have got.

Hope this helps. :)

club_sticker.jpg

dont know if anyone else has a problem getting discount from the parts club scheme,but my local dealer,even though they are in it,still deny all knowledge of it :mad:

Apparently, the best way to do it is to use th parts club website, then i think you pick it up from your local stealers or it acts as mail order and you get it to your door.

I asked my stealer and he said, "well i can give 10% but it aint much" Monkey. :roll:

Did he expect me to say no? :?

I never checked to see if they were part of it any way, and i never called it parts club discount either. i basically just said i wanted it cause i was a member :lol:

Well, I was in the CCGB for just less than a year.

Parts Club was next to useless - just over £2000 spent on the car (luckily £900 done under warranty) and I tried at every instance to use it.

Either the part was still cheaper elsewhere (ECP, GSF, etc) or they didn't do it on the discount scheme.

Received 1 and 1/2 sprinters, and endless, endless headaches, flames, nasty emails.... It got to the stage where my involvement in the CCGB was causing problems in my relationship with my girlf (late nights sorting out argumentative emails, etc), so I quit. There are far more important things in life.

If you're in the CCGB, be a silent member. If you try to help out in any way, you'll wonder why you bothered.

I'm sorry, but the CCGB isn't a patch on the MX5OC. Maybe 'cos its full of hairdressers instead of grumpy old men, eh? ;)

Just my POV.

Viva le forum de corrado!

The CCGB has had a hard year. I just hope it has the cohesion to pull itself up from the ashes.

P.S. My sticker wasn't sticky. It was the plastic lickable ones like the cheap tax-disc holders you can get.

That sucks, was also thinking of joining but for £15 and bad press I think I'll be spending my cash on parts for my C!!! Would like to hear any positive views (if any?) as could still be swayed... :roll:

nah i think i will also wait and see what happens with the club, andi can i have a refund on my forum stickers coz they only add 8.7bhp and not ur claimed 10bhp :p

Well, to be honest. Andi's account of his time inthe Corrado club is unique, and the whole story has never been told. so its a biased comment. If you were to join, it would be a completly different story.

Personally, I wouldn't mind joining but I'm not handing over my cash due to the earlier money 'problems' that the club had/has.

Well I'm suprised there's been so much negativity about the CCGB I know it has been a very hard year for the club due to the complications that became apparent around the time of the annual AGM but that is over and done with now and is being dealt with. At the end of the day anyone who is a member of the club is probably just as much of an enthusiast of the corrado as all of us are on here..

I have been a member of the club for the last 3 years and have enjoyed many events that have been organised for our benefit. I have noticed that many of the negative comments that have been written about the club have come from people that aren't members if you haven't been a member I dont think there is any need to put people off from joining!!

With the webpage coming back online ( http://www.corradoclub.co.uk ) and the new comitee and the regional hosts thinking of new events will be good for all the members who wish to take part.

I think Andi has got a hidden agenda because all he does is moan about this and that then at the end tries to be concilliatory--it's going to get out of hand at this rate if he continues to badmouth the CCGB and two factions will come about.

I hoped it wouldn't happen but it appears inevitable :(

I think Andi has got a hidden agenda because all he does is moan about this and that then at the end tries to be concilliatory--it's going to get out of hand at this rate if he continues to badmouth the CCGB and two factions will come about.

I hoped it wouldn't happen but it appears inevitable :(

also on the flip side the is a lot of negative comments about the forum made on the e.groups too... i know this cos im on both and enjoy them both too...

2p in ka-ching

I think Andi has got a hidden agenda because all he does is moan about this and that then at the end tries to be concilliatory

Please explain - I'm intruiged!

Just expressing my point of view, which I am entitled to do. In my experience, being a CCGB member benefitted me in no way at all. This is probably not true for many other members, past present and future. However, I do know of other members who won't be renewing for the same reason.

Also, the problems the club has had to fight through have left many members and to-be members weary of joining.

Sadly, these going ons occur in a lot of owners clubs. One reason the Corrado Forum will never become an official club - the status just seems to jinx communities.

We all try to, but it's not possible to please absolutely everybody.

As anyone who has been to the shows & events this year will testify the CCGB is a supported now than it has ever been. Ask anyone who went to National Day or Edition38...

John

so are the members who didnt go to the agm/egm going to be told whats happened??heard a few rumours about a bit of a cover up :? :shock: