Sign in to follow this  
JMC

Possessed slider heater controls :twisted:

This may or may not be a problem, I just need someone who is confident that their slider heater controls to check something please...

Ever since I've had my G60 (so about 3 years), the heater slider has never worked how I think it should. However I've never checked another one out so don't know. Now it's not got any worse, and nothing feels broken.

With the controls in the following positions I get air out of the following vents.

Slider set to face, air from face and feet vents

Slider set to face + feet, little bit of air from face and lots from feet vents

Slider set to feet, little bit of air from face, and lots from feet vents

Slider set to windscreen, tiny bit from face and feet vents, and some through the windscreen (although only the drivers side)

Please, can someone check theirs for me and see if this is normal :angel: or is it possessed :evil:

I replaced all three cables on my heater controls because they can get kinks in them and not engage the vents properly, about £25 ish for all the cables and clips, bit of a PITA job but now i have heater controls that work. Although the windscreen blows out of the drivers side harder than the passenger.

Hope this helps

Pretty much the same as mine...

The one on the Cabby randomly chooses hot or cold even with the slider set to cold.

BeavisJem, Hope you took notes to do an WIKIguide? This is another job on the arm-long list of Niggling stuff....

Cheers folks, looks as though there isn't a major problem then. I was just a bit surprised that I couldn't turn the feet blower off, until I switched it to windscreen.

I'll try and put somthing together.....It only took a year after i ordered the parts to actually fix it. Only took couple of hours to fix the part lol

I'll try and put somthing together.....It only took a year after i ordered the parts to actually fix it. Only took couple of hours to fix the part lol

:rofl: yeah I've got jobs like that, have moved twice with some parts!