Sign in to follow this  
davebirl

Will these MK2 Golf Recaros fit my VR6?

9c77efcf.jpg

I want to fit these and re-trim them in leather.....are they are direct fit to the VR6?

What are they worth roughly?

Thanks

HMMMM same style as mine, they fit the runners but sit too high compared to rado seatsi think?

well i know rado seats fit the mk2 golf anyway :D

I heard they may sit too high alright and that does worry me. I'm about 6" 1inch and always sit at about the lowest setting.......can anyone confirm? Much appreciated. Thanks.

NA they wont fit your VR but will my G60.............................

Swap ya for my leather fronts :lol:

Only kidding too much rum :lol:

dont retrim them! they are rainbow recaros and worth something to the right person, sell em on and buy leather seats... would be a shame to change them...

If you are determined to fit these in your C Dave I would make sure you salvage the covers when you retrim them. If the covers are in as good condition as they look in the pic they will be worth good money. I had a set of these and tried them in the C but you'll find they're much too high and your head will be touching the headlining. Solution is to find some Scirroco runners and use those.

dont retrim them! they are rainbow recaros and worth something to the right person, sell em on and buy leather seats... would be a shame to change them...

does that go for the corrado ones?

Thanks for the advice guys. Looks like I will pass them up then and keep holding out for a Black Recaro interior.....I need all the head room I have already :(

i'm 6ft 2" and i have loads of headroom, but i did make the subframes myself, bought some knackered mk2 seats, and took off what i needed and welded them together.

karl

dave, i have sent ya a couple of pm's the last one is just what your looking for :) and save yorself some money dave, and just get some ford rs recaros.

karl

As always thanks to everyone for their advice. There is defo draw back to making these fit. I don't want to loose the height adjustment. My missus requires a boost. I'll hold out for the real mccoy.

Has anyone ever tried fitting harness's to these seats? (normal corrado seats??)

I didnt realise u had to totallyremove the seat to get to the clip part of the seat beltS!?!