Sign in to follow this  
carpy25

vdo oil pressure gauge wiring

Help

just changed my 10 bar oil pressure gauge for a white face 5 bar gauge ,still waiting for a new 5 bar sender to arrive so that wire is disconected at the engine , the problem is the old 10 bar gauge had 3 terminals on the back marked + (ign live ) - (earth) and s (sender ) the new 5 bar gauge has 3 teminals marked +(ign live ) inverted "T" (? earth) and "g" when i tested the new gauge remember the sender is not conected the needle want to max same as if you earth the sender making me think the inverted T is the sender and G is ground as i said i cant test as the sender has still not arrived can anyone confirm that + is live upsidedown T is sender and G is ground on a vdo 5 bar gauge

thanks in advance

Rob

The way i`ve wired mine up, using the orginal wiring loom as reference is

+ = Live

upside down T is Earth/Ground

G = wire from sender

Haven`t tried them yet, but like i said used the orginal wire loom as a guide so should work :-)

thanks for the info as i said i,ve not connected the sended yet but with the +ve and earth connected as you have my gauge goes max as if you earth the sender ,looks like i'll have to wait for the sender to come but if the wiring right then my gauge is no good

Rob

i have a set of the audi gauges (have been sitting around for about 2 years - typical :roll: ). Does anyone have the wiring diagrams on how and where these are connected (that oil press temp and volts)? There are no senders on mine btw, so which ones will be needed, plus routing of the wiring?

Yep, wiring on those is as Junkie says. 8)

This may help you fla.

vdowiring.jpg

Edited by Riley