Sign in to follow this  
Desdi

Vibratechnics Front Engine

New to forum and may have missed it else where, but are there any advantages in fitting a Vibratechnics Front Engine mount to a G60 for every day use bearing in mind the cost and also are there any better alternatives other than standard?

The Vibratechnics is a popular choice as it holds the motor more securely and doesn't increase harshness, but it is expensive as you say.

You can go fairly stiff with the front mount because the cross member it sits on is isolated by rubber bushes, so doesn't vibrate the dash to peices.

Plenty of other choices - MK2 diesel, poly and even solid.

The VT mounts are well worth the money mate, they really stop the engine squirming around under load!

Is the mk2 diesel mount just for the gearbox?

or can you use both the mk2 diesel gearbox mount and front engine mount?

They both seem super cheap from GSF.

Good choice my Rallye used to do 4 standard mounts a year changed to Vibratec' Mk2 VR6 front mount three years ago still solid as day it went in. :lol:

Bit of a resurrection, but just got one of these, and I hadn't realised how huge they are :shock: . I've got a solid mount in there at the moment (in a G60), is there anything I need to know about fitting these (clearance issues, special bolts needed etc etc)

Nope- they use the same bolts- think the new mount actually comes with the bolts? Fits exactly the same way as any other front mount. 30 min job :)

Don not tighten to the orginal steel/rubber mount torque settings. As the new mount is aluminium (metal is softer) it needs to be done up to the VT specified torque settings.

Cheers guys - got mine second hand of here though - no bolts, and no idea of the torque settings. Anyone know what they should be please?