Sign in to follow this  
20v turbo

new glow dials

dont know what make they are but i mail ordered the from usa,they look cool only prob is the speedo is only 140mph so slightly out

I ve seen those dial kits on ebay the only thing that put me off was that the water temp gauge was in farenheit not degrees and I dont know what the fuel gauge like yours reads as the corrado never had a 18 gallon tank nor 18 litres??? that puzzles me somewhat!!! :? oh and the speedo only reading upto 140mph as well much prefer my 160 :D !f someone brings out a dial kit like that with celsius for water and 12 gallons for fuel and 160mph for speedo I would be more than happy to buy a set as they look wicked :D Not too much to ask is it????? :)

i got the dials from (http://www.procarparts.com) they cost $34&$26shipping.the you see here are for the 93-97 passat glx auto,if you look close you can see it say corrado on the bottom of the rev counter,this is because they come with a slot where the gar selector lights should be.as for being in farenheit you soon get used to it and the petrol gauge being in gallons doesnt matter to me because when its full its full and when its in the red its time to fill up again.they do them for the early corrados with the mechanical odometer and i think they go to 160mph

your right it is out but i do a lot of town driving and at 30 your doing 33,40,45.it only when you get up 80 or 90 you have to be careful

The 18 gallons thing is for US cars. US gallon is smaller than the european gallon, by a surprising amount.

You can buy some *more* UK-spec gauges off ebay usually, they come from Lockwood originally. They too have a problem - they appear to be designed based on the 16V cars - speedo to 160, but fuel to 12 and revs to 8k. No good for a VR6! (Or a G60.)

'Course they don't glow either, but...

They look very, very nice m8.

Am I right in thinking that you only changed the faces & are still using the OE lights?

no the dails are laid over the old ones they have +/- wires from each dail they go to their own dimmer switch but ive wired mine to the original dimmer.i have taken the three bulbs out,the dial actuly glow.

I have sent them an email about this topic mentioning the differences for the UK dash, wonder what response I'll get, if they make them thierselves they might easily be able to print the correct info on the dials, and bingo!

Chris

Well, there is that diagrams going around for home made kits, you could send them for spot on templates too...

Just a thought..

Somebody has asked this question to the suppliers in the US before. Their response was 'if you could order enough numbers will will produce them'. I cannot remember who contacted them. Anyone here???

This is the very prompt reply i have just received:

Hi

Sorry, but our gauges were just designed for American cars.

Johnny

Procarparts

--------------------

There you go, that's thier interest level.

Chris

will the gauges form a vr6 fit in a g60 and will the mile counter work???

The dials have different incrementations.

The mile counter on the VR, and most C's is a digital one, so it doesn't matter what dials you use......unless you actually mean the speedo?

Guys, these are the dials I was getting especially made up for the Corrado Forum on the link VR6 has posted.

And they would be to 160mph with deg C and a proper fuel guage.....

And a bargain, since you'd get 2 sets.

These here have to be the pretties dial ever!!

But again... only goes upto 140MPH... given that I can do well over that and can get to 8K RPM... I would prefer a kit that did the higher MPH!! :mad: - still gorgeous!

05.jpg

15.jpg

ive got a set of glow gauges on my g60 from procarparts and they were really hard to put on. dont take the needles off. i did and it took me hours to fix them.

ive got a set of glow gauges on my g60 from procarparts and they were really hard to put on. dont take the needles off. i did and it took me hours to fix them.

Strange... I've had the needles off on both of the sets of clocks I've got numerous times and have never had a problem getting 'em off (bit of force needed, but...) or putting 'em back on again... :?

Are the needles on your clocks Red, or white? Both of my clock sets had white needles... there may be a difference in the way the red ones fit, and it'd be really useful to know this BEFORE I try to dismantle the set I've just bought with red needles... 8)