Sign in to follow this  
Toph

Rad-hoe - lots of pics (Update page 9

So pick-up-day finally came! :lol:

After a few frantic phone calls this morning to John to def confirm that it was ready to collect and to make sure the hire place in town had a trailer available, me and my dad headed off in the Jeep.

Still got the bumpers, wing mirrors, spoiler and handles to get, their being finished off.

Fraid there ain't much else really to say at the moment and these pics were just fired off quickly! Will try and get some more detailed ones soon.

Pics...

"Aint going to be no trailer Queen, lol...

IMG_1505.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

IMG_1507.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg

some silky smooth action...

IMG_1510.jpg

IMG_1508.jpg

Time for it's new home...

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1512.jpg

IMG_1513.jpg

IMG_1514.jpg

IMG_1515.jpg

N a random one of the bonnet.... smooth...

IMG_1517.jpg

As usual all comments are welcome and will have more very soon!

Toph :wink:

lovely

Looks like a really good job, wish my paint was that fresh. Not to keen on the exhaust though :)

Cheers guys! Is starting to take shape now! As for that god-offal exhaust, its's for the bin and a new Magnex system is arriving in a couple of days! 8)

Anyone have an issue with the Magnex oval pipe fitting out the rear bumper? Just something a mate said has me unsure!?

Looks absolutely superb! Amazing how retro those steel wheels make the Corrado look!

The Magnex will be fine. Used to run one on my last Corrado and it was a perfect fit.

Looks absolutely superb! Amazing how retro those steel wheels make the Corrado look!

The Magnex will be fine. Used to run one on my last Corrado and it was a perfect fit.

Yeah is retro meets gettho at the moment, lol! Looking forward to getting it finished for next season and it across the water to you guys!

Cheers on the Magnex info. A mate said the same, so am relaxed again, lol!

My-o-my I've been very slack with keeping this thread rocking. Well am quite a bit on since the last update, and the with the Christmas breaking coming up some serious work will be sorted! :)

As its been a while it'll be a bit photo heavy, so enjoy!

Wasn't long after getting it home before I got stuck in and first thing being getting it up on the axle stands...

IMG_1523.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

then off with the steelies...

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1542.jpg

Also fitted the rest of the new rear lights...

IMG_1546.jpg

IMG_1548.jpg

I also fitted one of the new Hella front headlights, along with the grill just for the hell of it...

IMG_1541.jpg

After fiddling about the car I thought I should give the Vento a clean, so went n gave it a good wash. Not thinking I left the garage door open and didn't notice one of the cats go in for a nosey. After wiping down the Vento I went back into the garage to hear a cat crying out as if it was stuck. I looked up and this is what i found...

IMG_1560.jpg

What it had done was use the stacked steelies to jump onto the Raddo :shock: :? and then off it and into the roof space. THANKFULLY the cat was kind with it's claws and left no marks, just some paw prints here n there!! Talk about stomach in mouth when i saw what had happened!! :lol:

With having a new full Magnex system sitting in the dinning room patiently awaiting it's new home I thought I would take a closer look to the current state of that god awful drain pipe currently fitted...

the underneath and reason for the awful noise/blow out...

IMG_1564.jpg

IMG_1563.jpg

evidence that it was never meant to be on this car...

IMG_1562.jpg

erm should these fit???

IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

n everytime I see this...

IMG_1535.jpg

i think of..

Simpsons_Otto_Mann.png

Next on the list was to remove that god awful exhaust/drain pipe! The exhaust itself was straight forward enough and was off fairly quickly. Things changed somewhat when the manifold was tackled. Seventeen years of wear-n-tear the manifold was proving to be very reluctant to leave. After some battling and a rung nut we realised that it was a losing battle. So the head came off...

IMG_1577.jpg

the stubborn one...

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

Then we rolled it out of the garage to drain the system and get better access to lifting the head out...

IMG_1590.jpg

IMG_1591.jpg

IMG_1592.jpg

Allo...

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

and there she flows...

IMG_1596.jpg

Once the water was gone it was time to get lifting...

IMG_1603.jpg

IMG_1605.jpg

IMG_1599.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

And here's the bolts which weren't playing ball. Decent access to these bolts also proved very testing before the heads removal.

IMG_1601.jpg

and what happened when tried...

IMG_1602.jpg

A quick call to a friend of my dads to make sure he was still at his workshop (family run engineering company) we loaded the family mewl (the Clio) we headed due North to his with the head. Once at his we carried it in and he got stuck into adding some persuasion to the stubborn bolts with the aid of some heat! :lol:

IMG_1606.jpg

At his...

IMG_1607.jpg

IMG_1608.jpg

IMG_1610.jpg

IMG_1612.jpg

IMG_1613.jpg

IMG_1614.jpg

IMG_1615.jpg

IMG_1616.jpg

IMG_1617.jpg

Oh n here's the old exhaust system, awaiting for it's new home at the dump, lol!!

IMG_1582.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1578.jpg

IMG_1580.jpg

IMG_1581.jpg

BYE BYE you peice of.............. :lol:

There's still some more to show but am going to take a break from the posting! :lol:

Maybe get more up later tonight.

Sorry to all who have already seen all the above on E38.

Toph

Ha yeah there's been a right bit done since the last post, will try and it done tonight or tomorrow! :D

best read so far :shock: :shock: :shock:

no, uh, engine electrical connectors pics kicking around...

*is still on the scrounge*

best read so far :shock: :shock: :shock:

no, uh, engine electrical connectors pics kicking around...

*is still on the scrounge*

Cheers mate! :D

What pics ya looking??

gearbox end, basically all the electrical connectors.

Have got a blue on the cold start valve, a white on the WUR but a couple of loose ones so any pics would be a m a z i n g :D

gearbox end, basically all the electrical connectors.

Have got a blue on the cold start valve, a white on the WUR but a couple of loose ones so any pics would be a m a z i n g :D

Do have a load of pics of the bay after me being bored n cleaing it with some degreaser n a tooth brush (i need a life, pmsl). Will look through them to see if any are of help.

Went through what I've to post to bring this thread up-to-date and it's crazy, lol! Maybe have a quiet day in work tomorrow!! :D :lol: 8)

Right time I think that I bring this thread bang up-to-date so there'll be a lot of pics and repetitiveness for anyone who's already seen this on Edition.

Introducing the new and shiny system replacing the awful Otto drain pipe! :lol:

IMG_1583.jpg

IMG_1584.jpg

it's new home to be...

IMG_1576.jpg

Got the needed head gasket gear to reassemble the block on and fit the new manifold etc from GSF today. Had intended on fitting it all for the weekend but ave decided to take advantage of the extra space round the bay to carefully clean, and also the block while off. Nothing too wild or exciting just some AG Engine Degreaser for now, as I would like/intend to remove the whole lot and get it all cleaned up properly and painted while some cams are fitted!

Some more pics of what's sitting awaiting their new homes on the car...

looking forward to seeing what stance they create for the car

IMG_1587.jpg

IMG_1588.jpg

got some Toyo Proxes stretched onto the D90's. Loving the rears and cant wait to see them on properly!!

IMG_1585.jpg

IMG_1586.jpg

8)