Sign in to follow this  
VR6*MarkOfTheBeast*

rear wiper blank?

hi people,

I'd like to remove the wiper from my 94 VR BUT i want to be able to put it back to standard for sale when the time comes so bodyworks a no no.

Is there a blank available or can one from another VAG vehicle be used?

cheers,

rick.

Hi mate, you just cover the hole with a rubber blanking gromet which can be got from Halfords no probs. I cant remember the size now but i just got a bag with i think 19-23 mm sizes and one of them fit lol.

Here is a pic from when i first done mine mate. Although i have sprayed it now to blend in better (although these rubber gromets dont really like spray as it peels off easily!!)

The rubber grommet inside the tailgate (there's one at each corner covering the screw for the light cluster) fits perfectly...

I'm going to do this tomorrow, do you need to use something to seal it to stop water leaking in, or is it ok to just pop the grommet in?

Stick a bit of silicone in the ring of the grommet (the bit that the bodywork sits in) if you know what i mean.

You can buy little tubes of silicone from most half decent car parts places...top gear etc.

Neil.

Stick a bit of silicone in the ring of the grommet (the bit that the bodywork sits in) if you know what i mean.

You can buy little tubes of silicone from most half decent car parts places...top gear etc.

Neil.

Cheers Neil, thought I might have to use something but wasn't sure what.