mondy

Mondys Nugget Yellow G60 - 1.9 Rebuild

Wow that looks awesome :eek:

To think of how it was when I picked it up - I think everyone whos owned it since has sunk a good few quid into it so its been treated well :lol: it's fantastic to see it in such good hands mate 8)

Thanks! Hopefully this will be the end of a few peoples work to get it back up to scratch!

back on the engine trail now?

Yeah I'm hoping to get the engine back in over Easter, I've just got to finish replacing the insulation on all the engine bay wiring first which is taking me loads longer than I thought it would. I still haven't decided on which ECU to run it on, I still like the idea of MS but am thinking it might just be easier to get the standard ECU mapped.

quality thread. yellow looks deep "brilliant" colour and im sure the red bay will be a fantastic contract. itching to get mine in the bodyshop now.

have you decided on wheels?

Yeah the yellow is just the shade I was looking for, before the respray it was actually more faded than I realised and I was a little worried that was the 'proper' colour which I wasn't too keen on. I'm going to be putting the D90's (think that's what they're called :) ) back on as I think they really suit the car.

That looks great, which bodyshop did you use?

It's called C&L Bodyworks in Ollerton (http://www.candlbodyworks.co.uk/). They do all the body work for a garage we know that sells classic Mini's so knew they would do a good job!

Thanks for all the comments!

I've made a bit more progress over the last few weeks. The engine is in but not permanently yet as I need to source a 4 branch manifold and would like to put the engine in properley with that fastened on.

Here's a couple more pictures:

CIMG0401.JPG

CIMG0399.JPG

tbh, when i first saw the red items i thought it would look horrid, but it's little things like this that make the car yours and not like everyone else's.

keep up the good work!

tbh, when i first saw the red items i thought it would look horrid, but it's little things like this that make the car yours and not like everyone else's.

keep up the good work!

I wasn't sure how they'd look either but at the end of the day I decided that they'd hardly be visible once the engine is in, like you say it makes it a bit more individual :)

Here's a few more photos of what I've been doing for the last few weeks. Bear with me as there's been quite a bit of progress!

I've replaced all the rubber brake pipes with braided ones and fitted new front discs/pads:

03052008016.jpg

Engine getting built up and fastened to front crossmember:

03052008010.jpg

03052008011.jpg

I got hold of a 4 branch manifold and heatwrapped it:

03052008014.jpg

Here's the engine fully built up and ready to be put in (minus the alternator as I had managed to misplace it at some point in the last few months :censored: ):

05052008017.jpg

05052008018.jpg

05052008020.jpg

Final shot of engine bay minus engine:

03052008015.jpg

And finally the engine back where it belongs:

05052008021.jpg

Getting closer to the end now, front bumper etc all put together:

26052008026.jpg

And here it is after it's moved under it's own steam for the first time in almost a year:

07062008030.jpg

07062008033.jpg

My brothers new project is just in the background of this photo:

07062008034.jpg

I took it for a drive round the block and found out there was no power steering, it looks like the pump might have gone or that there is an airlock somewhere. I'm going to take it for a drive tomorrow night hopefully and see if it gets any better. If it doesn't I've got another pump I can try on it.

Apart from that the end is almost in sight, I'm going to get it MOT'd this week then I need to run it in before June 30th as it's booked in with Stealth for a remap.

hi mondy ought to have an update on this little beauty where is she now?

ps reposted the pics on my thread!

So it's over 4 years since I updated this thread, it looks like all the pictures have gone now unfortunately :(

Anyway in June 2012 I nipped out at lunch to the local Halfords, while I was stopped at some traffic lights a woman behind the car behind me mistook her accelerator for the brake pedal, she crashed into the Corsa behind me which then crashed into me.

The car wasn't written off, but I ended up spending the insurance payout on a holiday to Iceland instead of fixing the car!

I then lost interest in it so it's sat in my parents garage. Some years I would take it for an MOT but that was about all the miles it did.

However, a few months ago I decided that it needed fixing and found a decent bodyshop (http://www.derbyshirebodyshopservices.com) to sort it out for me. I'm really happy with their work and it's finally starting to look better :)

I've got a massive list of jobs that need doing on it, first one is removing the engine so I can clean the engine bay up, fit a new clutch and gear change mechanism and sort out a couple of small oil leaks. I spent a couple of hours on it yesterday afternoon and made good progress. I'll try to keep this thread up to date with how I get on over the winter and hopefully keep me motivated to finish it in time for some shows next year :)

It's been a while since posted any updates, being ill, waiting for tools and Christmas means I haven't got as far as I wanted. Finally got the engine out and gearbox off. Next job is to sort out a couple of oil leaks and am then going to look at cleaning the engine bay and trying to get the wiring loom looking a bit tidier.