OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

Garath,

i notice you have the same Supersprint exhaust as me, Garath do you get any knocking, or fouling issue, if so how did you sort it. Any help i would be most grateful

regards

Chris

I asked this very question above. Would like to know also!

Apologies for the late reply Critical Mass. I must confess mines a perfect fit and never given me any problems but at the time off fiiting we used a small jubilee clip along side the rear most rubber hanger to keep it from moving side to side and the rubber itself is very compact to ensure the back box sits well up. I hope that is some help.

Critical Mass I see you have KW V1s fitted, could you let me know how you find them?

Chris I understand you have had a little work in the engine bay recently how do you find it?

Do you use the standard OE VW rubbers or the ones that come with the Supersprint Backbox??

Are you talking about the 263's? If so they are bloody awesome, transformed it completely like day and night. Its how the VR should of come from the factory.

Gareth I can just picture a Schrick VSR and a pair of 263's in your bay. May as well put a good six branch manifold on as well while your at it :norty:

Cheers OSV! I'll try the jubilee trick. As i found mine knocked on the bumper. So i fitted a stiffer and slightly longer powerflex mount, which dropped the tail pipe a little, all is well..... well not quite. Now it knocks on the rear axle. I may put the original rubber mount on that supersprint provided and try the jubilee trick.

As for the KW, i love them. Yes because the roads are shoite EVEYWHERE in Britain, the ride can be hardER and less compromised. But they are after all, coilovers. But i love them, not only does the car sit so much better, it also feels like its on rails and they settle quickly going over bumps. I would highly recommend them, im not sure what they're like compared to other decent coilovers, as ive only got cheapo v-maxx ones to compare to or H&R springs with koni shocks. But im definately happier with the KWs.

Oh and they've been fitted about 7 months but still look like they've just been fitted. Definately recommend the Inox version of the KWs.

Gareth I can just picture a Schrick VSR and a pair of 263's in your bay. May as well put a good six branch manifold on as well while your at it :norty:

you know it makes sence Gareth :D

Well the car just doesn't feel or look like my own on anything other than the RS 301s, for me they are the only wheel that 'work' on the car. So this afternoon the BBS RXs found a new home with a Corrado owner off this forum, can't wait to see them fitted i'm certain they'll look great on a different colour car 8)

So famous last words but i've given up the search for wheels and its staying on RS all the time, time to split and rebuild the black set now..

Wonder who the new owner is :lol: Thanks again for holding them for so long for me. Car looked absolutely stunning today mate just need to look after it now as theres not much else i'd do to it :salute: :salute:

Terry

mate, i love your car. dunno what else to say. looks so clean and tidy on those black bbs, wish i had the brass to get some! lol

mate, i love your car. dunno what else to say. looks so clean and tidy on those black bbs, wish i had the brass to get some! lol

Thanks :) I try to keep it tidy but there's always something you need to do to get it a little better, not helped by some of the great work you see on the forum forever raising the bar and giving me expensive ideas. Wheels are going to be refurbed and going back to silver, at least I have some pics of it with the black rims, I can't cover all options.

Looks great as always Gareth, missing mine now! :?

Thanks, think i'll certainly be keeping hold of mine now, I know i'd regret selling it

I have to admit I did miss driving it in the summer :(

:D

Did you get an R32 or MkV GTI yet Ben?

I have to admit I did miss driving it in the summer :(

:D

Did you get an R32 or MkV GTI yet Ben?

Nah ive put it on hold for a bit. Works not been too busy but im lucky to have a job being in the motor trade.

Nice! i need some of them in my life! 8) was the subframe powdercaoted?

Yeh, the subframe has been powdercoated in a satin black finish for an OE look and should hopefully prove durable.