OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

Oh FFS, another Rado with the same wheels as mine, but looks better than mine :lol:

Very nice Gareth. Better than the Azev As in my opinion. For every day, MOs for sure. For shows, stick the BBS on :D

Very nice Gareth. Better than the Azev As in my opinion. For every day, MOs for sure. For shows, stick the BBS on :D

This, looks awesome buddy.

Very nearly seven years since I started this thread and the car is back running 5 spokes :lol:

Amber side repeators and OE steering wheel refitted. Back to basics :wink:

how come?? steering wheel yes as a OE wheel they are pretty good, slightly prefer it to my BBS one as it feels more chunky gripy etc if you know what i mean, but the side repeaters OH NO NO NO NO lol :D they date the car clear or slightly smoke IMO

LOVE those COMP wheels btw Gareth :notworthy:

ttfn

chris

how come?? steering wheel yes as a OE wheel they are pretty good, slightly prefer it to my BBS one as it feels more chunky gripy etc if you know what i mean, but the side repeaters OH NO NO NO NO lol :D they date the car clear or slightly smoke IMO

ttfn

chris

Agree with this. I prefer the OE steering wheel but definitely not the amber indicators.

ttfn

chris

Agree with this. I prefer the OE steering wheel but definitely not the amber indicators.

As i'm not going to run the RS next year and will run it on the Comps decided to change a few bits around. The idea being that when I put it back to how I like it the look will seem fresh.

ttfn

chris

Whats wrong with orange repeaters? :tongue:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh gareth i see said the blind man lol, yep see where you coming from i do this some times lol sounds like you very similar to me :)

paul :D they are just dont suit the rado they are very 70s 80s VW BUT not on the rado IMO still cuts it with some of the cars today to a degree!!! what i think im trying to say is the corrado only need 3 small changes to make it look current

1. side repeater

2. rear lights (orange tinted to red pin stripe)

3. a nd last the Ride height NOT to low but to get rid of th 4x4 look

this in IMO is how the car left the factory, lets put it like this even VW have a go at it look at a small bumper then big bumper golf GTI some mods HUGH differents

still love your VR THO Paul :norty: :notworthy:

Creep :lol: well the suspension is hoping to have an overhaul soon if funds allow with the Nugget situation and want to go right back to standard so i have a full set of brand new VR dampers already under our bed :norty: :lol:

good man lol parts for my car have only got as far as the kitchen (not aloud any further than that :) ) ah paul hope you sort the nuggut and a far the your VR goes i would hate to see it with any think on it that non standard, as its soooooo clean and factory fresh.

Not many corrados out there that are bone stock, even the ones that are considered stock have stainless exhausts on ect..

Having gone so far with my own car i think its fair to say that i think its harder to turn a corrado back to factory spec than most people would imagine.

I`ve spent 1500 just in parts from the dealer and none of them have even been service items..!!

I understand what gareth is doing as we`ve had many chats about this and it`ll be good to see his car in more stock mode for people to look beyond the wheels and interior and really see the effort thats gone into the underside/brakes and details ect.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh gareth i see said the blind man lol, yep see where you coming from i do this some times lol sounds like you very similar to me :)

paul :D they are just dont suit the rado they are very 70s 80s VW BUT not on the rado IMO still cuts it with some of the cars today to a degree!!! what i think im trying to say is the corrado only need 3 small changes to make it look current

1. side repeater

2. rear lights (orange tinted to red pin stripe)

3. a nd last the Ride height NOT to low but to get rid of th 4x4 look

this in IMO is how the car left the factory, lets put it like this even VW have a go at it look at a small bumper then big bumper golf GTI some mods HUGH differents

still love your VR THO Paul :norty: :notworthy:

This pretty much echoes my thoughts. Its such a shame the Corrado came with the amber rear clusters beloved of the 70s and 80s VWs. Early VWs always featured red rear clusters which have since also been reintroduced . So I must say I regard red rear lights as a legitimate VW styling cue but fully accept they never made an appearance on the Corrado from the factoy.

As regards the ride height I can't believe the ride height especially on late VRs that VWs performance coupe came with out of the factory. I'm not an advocate of the scene driven obcession with stance, camber hella flush etc but a little closer to terra firma does wonders for the cars presence and visual appeal. The Corrado is not alone in this respect virtually all VWs look better after a quick hit with the lowering stick.

Not many corrados out there that are bone stock, even the ones that are considered stock have stainless exhausts on ect..

Having gone so far with my own car i think its fair to say that i think its harder to turn a corrado back to factory spec than most people would imagine.

I`ve spent 1500 just in parts from the dealer and none of them have even been service items..!!

I understand what gareth is doing as we`ve had many chats about this and it`ll be good to see his car in more stock mode for people to look beyond the wheels and interior and really see the effort thats gone into the underside/brakes and details ect.

I think running a truly stock car is a noble asperation for those interested in Concours d'elegance and I for one am glad there are a number of stunning stock examples gracing the Corrado world. However in the face of increasing obsolescence and so many vehicles having been modified to some extent by previous owners it is almost impossible to run a totally stock car to the highest standard.

Added to that the reality that the Corrado can be enhanced by a few choice upgrades to improve the ownership experience keeps the enthusiasm for the model alive.

That said the Corrado deserves a subtle and sensitive treatment in the styling dept as it was pretty close to being spot on from the get go.

That said the Corrado deserves a subtle and sensitive treatment in the styling dept as it was pretty close to being spot on from the get go.

spot on mate

Funny thing is the Amber lights look pretty good on a well presented Classic Green Corrado its just that I happen to believe they look at their worst on a Satin Silver car, that said in 2011 I may just be an amber gambler :eek:

If you keep this up Gareth you'll have to call it OEM without the plus :) You'll be telling us next you're increasing the ride height :eek:

:brickwall: :brickwall: :brickwall: Well I ventured into the loft to retrieve my original rear lamps, thankfully they are in A1 condition so its all good to go.

Or so I thought. The idea such as it was and goodness knows why was to return to the stock rear lights. I think it was a nod towards the nothing but stock advocates. As it goes I don't regard my car as what I think of as a modded car and certainly its no custom car, but i'm not under no illusions i'm aware of every detail where my car deviates from strict factory spec.

So before refitting the rear light clusters I revisited old pictures of my car and looked at pictures of every other Satin Silver Corrado I could find. My extensive research has lead me to the undeniable truth that the amber rear lights do no favours whatsoever to the car and it the battle of stock amber vs red there is only one winner.

So it may not be stock but it certainly rocks, red till i'm dead. :clap: