OSV

OSV Satin Silver VR6 OEM+

What are you thinking! Good Corrados are hard to find, good silver ones are almost impossible!

What are you thinking! Good Corrados are hard to find, good silver ones are almost impossible!

Too true, although I found 2... ;)

I'm going to go against the grain a little here and say that if you no longer enjoy the car, or if you're now ready to try something else then maybe it is time to consider selling. I think you've been considering it for a while so I doubt this is a sudden decision. A car like this must be hard to maintain in terms of money but more importantly in time. I also guess there are expectations from others on the car being kept to a good standard, and it prevents you exploring other cars.

But do think long and hard about it before parting. It's such a great car that you won't be able to replace it in the future and another Corrado won't be able to fill its place. So if you sell then it's likely to be the end of Corrado ownership completely.

I do hope that if you sell, then it's bought by someone who has enough interest in the car to maintain it and keep taking it to shows.

Take a break from it and see if you still want to sell. Thats what I do and it usually work out right either way.

I said a few days ago i'd take the opportunity to reflect on some of the aspects of my ownership of the car. Going back to the very begining I had decided to buy a Corrado to use as a great car that I could use and enjoy everyday. For several years before hand I owned a Golf MK1 Quarttet GTI Cabriolet which gradually went from a fun daily to an over pampered show car. The car went on to win many trophies and was magazine featured but I had become too precious with it and I realised I wanted to get back to simply using and enjoying a car. Well that was how it started and I set out to find the very best Corrado I could find and believe me that was no easy task even 9 years ago.

I'll continue with this part shortly but i'm sure you can guess about the 'best laid plans' So I thought i'd start with detailing some of the care and attention lavished on the chassis and engine bay. I'm sure to have overlooked some things but you get the idea.

Chassis

KW V1 Coilovers

Genuine new VAG top mounts throughout

Subframe stripped and powder coated

Overhauled and refurbished VAG steering rack

Genuine new VAG track rods and track rod ends

New wishbones (powdercoated)

New Ball joints

Genuine VAG R32 rear wishbone bushes

Genuine VAG ARB drop links

All new VAG bushes bolts and fixings (subject to availability)

Front cross member and bumper bracket removed, stripped, refurbished & powdercoated

Vibratechnics front engine mount

Vibratechnics rear engine mount

Standard gearbox mount

Rear axle stripped, media blasted and refinished

Tank straps media blasted and refinished.

Rear axle rebuilt with all new bolts, brake compensator, handbrake cables, brake shields, brake lines

New MK4 Golf rear brake calipers. Carriers stripped, blasted and refinished in black

H & R rear 25mm Anti Roll Bar fitted

Brand new VAG 312mm brake calipers finished in black

312mm discs

Red stuff pads (backs painted black for OE look)

Goodridge braided hoses

Suspension and steering set up

Engine Bay

Mocal oil cooler with DG Autotech oil cooler shaft

DG Autotech fan housing (finished in black) and fans 11" and 9"

Full set of black OE look Samco classic coolant hoses

New VAG radiator

New VAG Expansion cap and tank

New VAG waterpump

Gruven parts radiator neck

Gruven parts crack pipe

VAG serpentine belt

VAG belt pulley

Varta battery

Intake manifold media blasted and refinished.

Injectors cleaned and new O rings

Uprated HT leads

New clutch

New slave cylinder

Redline MT-90 gearbox oil

New chains & tensioners

Oil pressure sender for gauge pack

Edited by OSV

That's quite a list and should be backed up with some pictures of the engine bay and underneath.

I think you'd regret selling it. I've just got back from taking my daughter swimming which is a 30 mile round trip through country roads and tonight I took the Corrado and had a great time!! it's such a great car to drive and sounds great with the sunroof open.

Good to catch up mate, silver my favourite color...!!!

Edited by C5 OEM

Quick phone pic from filling up this morning on the way to All Types, everyone needs a filling station shot. Whilst there is no for sale ad and may never will be, I feel that for the right offer I would now be prepared to let it go. I suspect it would be emotional

CFilling.jpg

if only i had a view like that when filling up my car lol;) think thats just become my altime favourite photo, BUT Mr.P we need to talk about these O.E side repeaters lol Orange!!!!!!!!

I like the ambers.

Second that, its a nice contrast against the silver.

Think silver cars with silver wheels benefit from a bit of colour here and there......prevents the albino effect!!

Edited by iR6

Nothing looks bad on this Corrado.

But i think they could they be pin striped red like the rear lights? That way they would also match the wheel centres!

Just having a read of this, and wondered what the dg fans and shroud are like?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Just having a read of this, and wondered what the dg fans and shroud are like?

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk 2

Not my car but you get the idea lightweight and mounting points that don't compromise the radiator

lupo%20gti%20rad.jpg

Setting off shortly on a nice run up to the Cumbria VAG show near Kendal, just hope we get a favourable break in the weather

Hosing down in Surrey - hope you get better weather up there. Is the "For Sale" sign still on the windscreen?

No for sale sign, it's all too easy to fall in love all over again despite what the head might say. Lovely setting and fine weather too at the moment.

No for sale sign, it's all too easy to fall in love all over again despite what the head might say. Lovely setting and fine weather too at the moment.

Glad to hear that!

Good good, enjoy the Cumbria show, was a great day last year, nice setting if the weather holds...

congrats on your award today mate corrado looked great as it always does! was good to have a chin wag with you maybe catch up at tatton?

neil.