Sign in to follow this  
Dubsingh

I want more power

hey peeps engine has virtually been run in iv already clocked aound 600 miles onthe new engine seems to be bedding in nice, got a bit carried away on the way home from work today, gently crusin at 70 mph and some dude just wudnt stop buggin me in his corrado valver, really ticked me of even after cumin into the slow lane so i just had to floor her blimey shes quick but not quick enuf i want more power seems to lag till about 3k what can i do to get some more go lower down the rev range. she topped out well i backed of as i hit 140

at the moment its a stage 4 jabba charger and gwerks eprom plus a and 68mm pulley

darren if your reading this what would you advice let her run in before i start tinkring about with it??

ps. peeps i dnt seem to have any interiro lights and the oddo resets each time i turn the ignition on, plus nothing displays on the display till ignition is i click before starter engaging have i missed a wire or summin?

You runnin standard intercooler??

Im in this position now, got 68mm pulley, new g werks chip and red tops. Was goin to go down the 65mm pulley route, but ive been told that its not really worth it until the standard intercooler has been upgraded..... big $ tho :(

yeah standard intercooler, just looking to see wht i can do, im on standard injectors tho how much did them red tops set you back?

iv got a rallye ic but im gonna keep thet for my sc vr rallye dnt fancy robbin parts from there, i may have summin in terms of FMIC soon tho so ill keep you posted on wht it costs me

Got my red tops off 'blue joe' off this forum, when he broke his car for parts.

Think there is a set of 6 ive seen somewhere (maybe ebay, or ed38). Think g werks and pitstop sell them aswell. If you want the part number, let me know

i got my reds from us ebay for about £20 they are same as mustang 1s.

Id suggest getting a bbm rsr outlet from g-werks next, thats really about it without spending lots

Is it more power or more drivability you want?

My G60 already had a FMIC fitted when I bought it - the best change I've made to the car is one that is very rarely talked about.

I got a JMR big bore downpipe fitted together with a ported and matched manifold - the improvement in drivability was incredible. The car will pull with no problem at all from 20mph in fifth if I'm being really lazy, really seems to have improved the torque throughout the rev range.

Also improved fuel economy as well

Is 600 miles enough to run an engine in? I would have thought almost double that would be better :?

For more low down grunt, inprove the airflow:

Ported head, manifolds*, better air filter etc.

*If you port the exhaust side of the head or exhaust manifold, leave a small lip (percentage of port diameter) between the two as this helps the exhaust gases flow and promotes 'swirl' out of the combustion chamber.

Andy665, what diameter is the big bore downpipe?

andy an more info on this big bore down pipe?, im looking for a in the middle of raw power and drivability

iv got a full miltek system on it and the filter side of things iv removed the restrictor too, sounds more meaty now. i dnt fancy doing an open filter job as i feel open filters just soak heat to easy.

best price i found for red tops was 120 quid, aint looked at the FMIC yet but will shoparound to see what i can find

Give JMR a call on 0797 4020031 - its made by Miltek to Johns design, its not cheap and you can't see it but I definitely don't regret upgrading to it