CorradoVR6-Turbo

Ex-Corrado-VR6-Turbo.

just did a deal on the OBD2 set up,it has no keys and MAF ,but it has two ECU's VO2 and VO4 ,got this lot cheap,this is all to use C2 chip and finaly get the 400hp i want!

But best of all is that i phoned C2 motorsport and asked then if they can reomove the impobilizer from the ECu and they said it would be free of charge when i buy the chip and MAF housing!

HOW GOOD IS THAT!

EDIT- the eproms disable any immobilzer anyway,still happy not to be bothered with the keys.

thumbs up for C2...I now can wait for the kit to arrive,have it instaled and shread my tires!!

over and out!

I now can wait for the kit to arrive,have it instaled and shread my tires!!

I like Shreddies :lol:

Yeah the immob bypass is a neat touch. You will need to connect the transponder box's grey/white K line wire in the OBD2 loom to the K line distribution block behind the centre console, then you can bin off the transponder box etc. But you can register any trans' box and key to any ECU in the immob adaptation page, if you ever need to :wink:

Matt at C2 is a top bloke and he'll get your engine running sweet.

he mentioned that i *might* have problems with the delphi injectors> as the should be bosch? thought they were all the same impendance...

He also said i wont need any of the immob/transponder box...just fit chip and start?

Correct, same impedance, but C2's software is optimised to Bosch IDTs (Injector dead time) so works best with the green top 440s.

The Delphis have a better spray pattern and atomisation though, but a lot of people find the Bosch work better.

Yeah you do lose the transponder box and key, but you still need to connect the redundant signal line to the K line block. There's a yellow plug in the fuseboard loom which has a grey/white wire in it, which is trans box to ECU. And there's grey wire on the trans box too, which is trans box to K line block. All you do is join the two wires together :D

Have you got your OBD2 ECUs socketed yet? If not, I would get the V02 one done. They seem to work better with C2's software than the V04s.

Im glad to see your going with C2 buddy.

Ive had mine in for a few weeks and my car has never run better. Just got to wind up that boost next week.

I can't wait to hear your feedback on everything, so keep us posted asap :-)

Correct, same impedance, but C2's software is optimised to Bosch IDTs (Injector dead time) so works best with the green top 440s.

The Delphis have a better spray pattern and atomisation though, but a lot of people find the Bosch work better.

Yeah you do lose the transponder box and key, but you still need to connect the redundant signal line to the K line block. There's a yellow plug in the fuseboard loom which has a grey/white wire in it, which is trans box to ECU. And there's grey wire on the trans box too, which is trans box to K line block. All you do is join the two wires together :D

Have you got your OBD2 ECUs socketed yet? If not, I would get the V02 one done. They seem to work better with C2's software than the V04s.

Cheers for the info Kev,will see how it goes when i start the job.Also havent looked at the ECU's yet,did not realise they were fixed eproms,will have to get them socketed so i have a pair of ECU's,i also spoke to matt and he said any obd2 ecu will work with there software V2-3 and 4 but i will use the VO2 to be on the safe side.

As for the injectors i will see how the delphis work,if i have issues i know of some green bosch ones i can use to test with :tongue:

Another thing,is the OBD2 a narrow band or wideband? also im after a MAF,do you know what part number i should be looking out for?

Im glad to see your going with C2 buddy.

Ive had mine in for a few weeks and my car has never run better. Just got to wind up that boost next week.

I can't wait to hear your feedback on everything, so keep us posted asap :-)

t

cheers bud :wink: i cant wait myself,been a long haul and it would be nice to run more than 9psi....seen your posts on your C2 and this makes me really want it on ASAP :lol:

well i started the OBD2 conversion tonight as well as relocating my battery to under the centre rear seat hump,made a hack of trying to get the foam to fit and did not support anything.... ! so instead fiberglassed up a shell and covered it,works a treat!

Cheers Kev :notworthy:

Got lots of wires all over the place at the mo,hope this is the last time i have to take the bay apart as im getting sick of doing so!!

Will update this as i go,later! :wave:

Ma hump!

DSCF0418.jpg

DSCF0419.jpg

DSCF0421.jpg

DSCF0438.jpg

DSCF0439.jpg

nice work with the hump, looks factory :) Working in your engine bay must be a right pain as there is no space! Lucky you have a lift as the other annoying thing working on a corrado is that the engine is so low down!

Cheers peeps! :D

I made that hump after a very heavy sesion on the beer in durham on friday night :drinking: ,walked 5 miles home (stupid i know!)around 3am and then had to go to work for 8am :morning: so it did not turn out the best,but after a bit of sanding it turned out ok,looks oem and you cant tell its a fake hump.. :lol:

Im halfway through wiring my OBD2 up...let us know how you get on

Cheers bud,hope it all goes smooth...!

Another thing,is the OBD2 a narrow band or wideband? also im after a MAF,do you know what part number i should be looking out for?

It's narrowband mate.

The MAF you need ends with 462, can't remember the rest of the part no!

Like the battery work :D I'll do something similar when I find the time!

On the same thread Kev, I'm gonna go with:

(8) 021906462

air volume meter / F 50-R-015 001>>*

for the full MAF part number, courtesy of the 'CAT.

so you built that hump after a night on the lash, and then only 5 hours sleep :shock:

if i had even attempted anything like that after a session it would not end up looking anything like what it was supposed to.

yet again i will say, "awesome constructing skills" :notworthy:

Obviously a young feller - managing such a magnificent hump after a night ont' pop! :norty:

so you built that hump after a night on the lash, and then only 5 hours sleep :shock:

if i had even attempted anything like that after a session it would not end up looking anything like what it was supposed to.

yet again i will say, "awesome constructing skills" :notworthy:

Cheers Karl,with the hangover and the fumes from the glassfiber i almost :pukeright: ha ha!

Loving the battery hump james!

Cheers for the replies peeps,did some work tonight after work,got the servo and clutch master cylinder out,what a bastard job :censored: then got the loom out,compared it to the MK3 and its in need of a trim :lol: ,so i stipped out the mk3 loom and got rid of the unnessary!

This is my lot for tonight,more to follow!

DSCF0455.jpg

after...looking better!

DSCF0454.jpg

left overs...

DSCF0453.jpg

what a mess...... :gag:

DSCF0452.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: glad i'm not the only one with Stevie Wonder wiring.

btw, I want your red tool board in my bedroom. Big fun times.

nice! - i was almost apologetic to the vag-doctor who is sorting my wiring when i spoke to him last - did my heater matrix recently; turns out the car had a different alaram prior to the current one and they just left the old alarm loom in place instead of taking it out when they fitted the new one - behind my dash is truly horrendous! :?

:lol: :lol: :lol: glad i'm not the only one with Stevie Wonder wiring.

btw, I want your red tool board in my bedroom. Big fun times.

There are quite a few more tool boards,when the dealership had subaru,volvo etc :tongue:

nice! - i was almost apologetic to the vag-doctor who is sorting my wiring when i spoke to him last - did my heater matrix recently; turns out the car had a different alaram prior to the current one and they just left the old alarm loom in place instead of taking it out when they fitted the new one - behind my dash is truly horrendous! :?

Yes i did allot of tiding up while i was under there,so it all looks nice and sorted now :D

Also im stuck for bits now,waiting on parts from C2,VW and mocal!

Done my loom and wraped it in amalgamating tape,this alone took an hour with a mate!

Its not a plug and play affair as most say,even my wiper plug at the fuseboard needed two wires swapping around to stop my fuse blowing.

Needed to add in my fuel pump replay feed to the back of the fuse board as this single wire alone brought up 8 fault codes!!

So it fires then dies as ive got no imobilizer since the C2 eprom will disable this :cheers:

Got my thermogasket spacer plate fitted,loom tided up,brakes and clutch bled,440cc injectors in and done my short shift...i love the short shift,ive got about an 1" of movment from 1st to 2nd ! :grin:

All this on a sunday at work,everybody thinks im sad :lol:

Some randoms...

Loom done

DSCF0457.jpg

Badger 5 spacer plate,top notch!

DSCF0460.jpg

Nice and clean still :tongue:

DSCF0462.jpg

360cc out 440 cc in

440cc360cc.jpg

Exhaust off,heatshield down and shift box down.

DSCF0464.jpg

Old VS new,note the differance in the pivot.

DSCF0467.jpg

DSCF0468.jpg

All back in.... :cheers:

DSCF0469.jpg

thanks for looking.

What make is the short shifter? I saw the advert, but sadly a few minutes after you did, lol. Want to put one into my vr.