Sign in to follow this  
vr6storm

Dearest "wheels" you've driven

in my porsche owning days,there was no porsche dealer up in aberdeen and the nearest official Porsche centre was in perth approx 80 miles away.........anyway every so often they would do a free 75-point health-check on your Porsche and while you were waiting they would take you out in their demo cars..........so one time when i was waiting this older guy approached me and we started chatting about Porsches i told him that i only had a 924S and that my favourite Porsche was the 928.....to which he said well i suppose we can let you have a drive of that brand spanking new 928 GTS sitting just outside 8) ......turned out that i had been speaking to the actual managing director of the Douglas Cameron Group which had the Porsche franchise.............anyway i couldn't believe my luck that here was i a mere 24 yo driving a £74k motor which i could never have afforded and getting to blat about like i had just bought it.........one of the best 30 min drives of my life...........though believe it or not.....its not the dearest motor i've driven......that goes to the brand new Volvo FL7 REL(rear-end loader)8 wheeler that i had to drive back to glasgow after my in-laws waste management company had finished hiring it........it was a mere £160k+

so come on whats the dearest set of wheels you've all driven? :wink:

Jag XJ-R (Supercharged V8 :-) ) on a Jaguar sponsored test drive day at Harewood House, Yorkshire - £52k ish.

Got to take it out unaccompanied for approx. 40minutes - wow :shock:

I ve driven a toyota landcruiser amazon last christmas brand new with 26 miles on the clock £56k with all the gadgets nice car!!!!

Dad works for toyota you see!!!

Brand new Land (Range) Rover thing. Don't know the cost but it ain't cheap. Also a merc ML500 but not sure which is dearest tbh.

a family member works runs a body shop (wont say who or where, you know how these things come back to haunt you!!!)

anyway so far i have driven (very short distance and quite carefully)

TVR Tuscan S

BMW M3 (new)

Porshce 911 Carrera 4 (1992 model)

Honda NSX

Ohhhhh and i sat in the RX8 yesterday!! :D

When I was 19 a guy I knew (a pilot) bought a Ferrari 348TS with the number plate "A 348 TSR", he popped into the garage I was working in over the summer and asked if I wanted to have a go... as I got into the passenger seat, he laughed and threw me the keys, I nearly sh@ myself :shock:

It was one of the most scared I'd ever been in a car, knowing that it was a brand new Ferrari, the owner was sat next to me, and I was driving it through the town I live in with the targa roof off and the sun shining... Lovely... 8) just sod's law I didn't see anyone who knew me! :roll: :lol:

I have no idea how much the car was worth at the time, but I know that they're about £40K NOW nearly 10 years later! :shock:

I've also driven a few Porsches, a 1964 912, 3 or 4 356s (coupe and convertable) a late 1970's 911 turbo (forget the exact year) some of which were worth silly money 'cos they were rare.

I also think that the Nissan Skyline GTS I drove may have been up there in terms of cost... A mate imported it from Japan when it was only a couple of years old... It was only the RWD version with a single Turbo when it left the factory, but the Japanese guy who bought it paid cash, took it a few miles up the road and then spent the same again on having it modified... :shock: It was SERIOUSLY quick but really didn't feel it when you were driving it until you looked at the speedo.... :? :shock:

This one might be hard to beat....

A ex-colleague of mine now manages a country estate over here and they have a collection of classic cars and bikes.

I went round one day when they were giving all of the cars and bikes a 6 monthly run. I drove (not that using all those levers and pedals is actually driving!) a car that had an insurance value of £1,000,000 :shock:

Suffice to say, it was a very slow drive and not for very long - imagine writing that off!!!!

hmmmmmm seems i have been deprieved, only expensive car i have driven was worth £25k and was my dads old 328i Sports Coupe BMW, was insured to :D :D :D

I'll be taking a test drive in a noble M12 GTO in a couple of weeks I know the guy at our local dealership he said if I come down I can take one for a spin it might not be the most expensive on here but still a bloody quick supercar values at about £45k I think :D cant wait

hey banana man , you will like the noble , throws u into the seat 1st , 2nd ,3rd ,4th some machine , used to wash cars for my girlfriends boss , he has a noble m12 gto , bmw m3 soft top , tvr tuscan and are all quick and all gleaming thanks to me,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :D

Lucky Sods.... In my defence i will say, it doesnt matter what we have driven once upon a time, the fact of the matter is we all got corrado's.....some more than others!

Lucky Sods.... In my defence i will say, it doesnt matter what we have driven once upon a time, the fact of the matter is we all got corrado's.....some more than others!

well said bro :wink:

Unfortunately.... A Porche Boxter :oops:

I know... entry level bad... "The only person that has a boxter is someone that cant afford a 911"

A guy in my old work had a very rich dad who bought one for his missus (would you buy your missus a 911?) :shock: . Anyway they went on holiday leaving him with it and he gave me a go on a lunchbreak. Must admit it was rather rapid.

Most expensive motor I have ever driven is a 'new shape' Lotus Elise, around the test track at Lotus in Norfolk. Was admittedly with an instructor, but he just kept telling me to go quicker all the time.. by the last lap, was taking the car down the factory straight at over 110MPH in 4th Gear ("Don't bother to change up.. just floor it") with that noise howling from the engine behind you. It was spectacular fun.. and the Elise was superb :)

Was then taken out in a race spec Lotus Exige, driven by a guy who races in Japan and was over on business and nearly crapped my pants - sheer terror.

Looks like I have had it pretty crappy so far.. I need to get to know people who work at car dealerships! :(

REALLY want to drive an Audi RS6!! :(

Had a shot of an Esprit V8 Twin Turbo, admitedly only shifting it out of the car park at work so never got out of 1st gear and I stalled it twice. :shock: (Very heavy pedals.)

Dont know what the new value would have been but the guy had recently bought it for £28k.

the most expensive cars i have driven is a brand new 360 (103,995) that was fun around thruxton along with a porsche 911 turbo 996 a 355 a lotus elise sport 160 a porsche 911 4s 993 and a porsche boxter s and ultimately my grandads 1950's open top racer which is the only one left in the world so we are having trouble priceing it at the mo!! they were all really good fun but my favourite was my uncles 993 911 4s very nice car same running gear as a turbo of it's time (suspension set-up brakes, wheels body work etc) but without the turbo i 'ed have one any day :D

I'm pondering going on a supercar type day some time next year with a mate from work, such is my thirst to drive some of these cars..

Has any body been on any / could they reccomend any in particular?