Sign in to follow this  
Sam16v

Cupra R engine and box

Have been offered a cupra R engine and gearbox to go in my corrado for a very good price. Is this engine suitable and what power can i expect the code is aqm? i believe. Think im going to fork out and get qpeng Diy loom and ecu to simplify the conversion a little Is this the best or easiest option. has anyone had any problems with qpeng?. Will the gearbox fit? what other parts do i require? have done some searches but cant seem to find the exact answers to my questions. Thanks a lot guys any information would be greatly appreciated...

yeah think its the 210bhp engine. Is the qpeng conversion as simple as they make out? has anyonwe got this setup already? cheers for the replys guys much appreciated

If the box is a 6-speed it will be a balls ache to fit! It is huge compared to a 5speed! You'll need custom driveshafts made up to get it to work and mod the Firewall etc! Coxylad fitted one to his 1.8T Mk2 and he had a right chew on!

TBH aswell the 6 speed has all the wrong ratio's for use in a corrado, sell it and get a 5-speed 20VT box! Much easier to fit and only the output flanges need modding to work with your existing driveshafts!

How much is the Q-peng plug and play loom????? I'd use their downpipe though as I had to fabricate one for mine!

me and a mate used the qpeng DIY kit (600 + VAT) and modified the loom ourselves to put a 20V in his mark 2 golf. absolute doddle. much easier than we first thought.

the engine from the earlier cupras is supposed to be better than the BAM lump, so go for it. just out of interest, how much are you buying it for? i might have it if you dont want it! :lol:

Awesome stuff Well guess i will steer clear of the box and spend the cash on that downpipe. Amy buy the box to sell on anyone know how much they go for?

If thw q-peng loom is gonna be that much £600 +Vat Eeek! I'll put you in contact with the guy who did my loom! it'll b a lot cheaper! Steve.

the kit my mate used was the DIY wiring loom with the MBE ECU with the right program installed. the kit basically included the plugs you needed and the connectors with a comprehensive instruction list. we had to strip his 20V loom back and put the plug on for the ECU along with adding in some things. was very easy and worked straight away. alot of money? perhaps, but it was quite good in fact and does include the ECU. i dont work for them, or get any commission on their products, but i would use it again. thats just my opinion. probably cheaper ways of doing it, but that was easy

Yeah think i will go this route as i do not have the original ecu. I have done a few engine conversions before so not scared of a bit of soldering as long as i know what goes where if u get me. Did you also use there downpipe? Think the engine im picking up is out of a cupra not cupra r so is 180bhp not 225 engine code AUQ i believe? will find out for sure tonight when i pick it up. Is it worth while me upgrading the turbo now rather than later? if so how much do the Ko4s sell for and will i need injectors etc? thanks guys sam

The Cupra is 180 BHP, but with a stage 1 remap can be up to 210. The K04 is the way to go apparently, and then a stage 2 remap instead. Im not sure about the injectors, but its worth looking around the SEAT, Golf and Audi forums for more info, as there is plenty going on.

Also, you can pick them up on ebay, take a look