Jim Bowen

Motorbike fans?

I'm loving my CBR 125r even though i can probably run faster. I'm doing direct access next year some time and then i'll get a 'proper' bike.

Good luck! Took my test on mine & I still love it. If I had to commute to work I'd use it no question. Enough power for town & quiet country roads, but absolutely tiny so can filter through all sorts of traffic. That and 90mpg can't be argued with. I use it once a week to travel to & from Leeds and it's great fun (and coming across unexpected bends in the dark, I found it has more grip than the skinny tyres imply)!

Cheers,

Tom

I like older style bikes more, there seemed to be a lot more variation of style than you get these days. That's not to say I don't appreciate the modern bike, I just find the old one more aesthetically pleasing. Plus I nearly killed myself in Thailand on a 125 so if I ever got a bigger bike I would splat quite quickly!

I went to one of my best friends wedding/blessing at her parents place in Ireland and her old man is really into his bikes. He has an old BSM (i think) surrounded by a huge model railway up in his playroom. He's even got a little bridge going along the lunge ceiling so he can see the trains as they go past when he's watching TV.

Bit blurry, I was drunk.

climatronic wiring-Golf from May 01.pdfDSC00296.JPG[/attachment:rtvnvdnu]

Old BMW out in the drive. No chain!

2.8l 24v Climatronic system.pdfDSC00268.JPG[/attachment:rtvnvdnu]

DSC00276.JPG[/attachment:rtvnvdnu]

Time for a Math lesson

£3,200 buys me a bike that is just under 4 years old and will do 0 to 60mph in 3.5 seconds.

If i wanted to add two more wheels how much will i have to spend to buy a similar aged vehicle and get the same performance

Time for a Math lesson

£3,200 buys me a bike that is just under 4 years old and will do 0 to 60mph in 3.5 seconds.

If i wanted to add two more wheels how much will i have to spend to buy a similar aged vehicle and get the same performance

You also need to consider 'grin factor' :grin:

Time for a Math lesson

You also need to consider 'grin factor' :grin:

and the cheesed off looks you get from the drivers of Aston Martins and the like when you beat them off the lights....priceless

this is my rsv mille

IMG_0003.jpg

its currently having a revamp & should be finished in feb

here again in track trim

silverstonetrackday011.jpg

i think he has two sets of fairings, the engine from a factory version, complete brembo brake setup, am sure there's more but waiting for him to produce a list

here again in track trim

silverstonetrackday011.jpg

You wanna try and get off the seat a bit more mate would make the bike much better balanced round the bends and will improve your speed. Nice bike though 8) What track is that on?

yep thats my task for next year to get off it more

It was at silverstone with the aprilia club i'm with, the next session thou i had a spill, foot peg dug in and lifted the rear up i think, lowsided the rear. no real damage and was back fixed in road trim 2 days later

Here's mine with the Rado...

DSC00653.jpg

DSC00655.jpg

The 4th bike I've owned in 7 years. She's fast as hell and makes the VR feel like a Sinclair C5 but I'm getting a bit tired of the head down bum up riding style. Think I might get myself a Triumph Speed Triple next... :confused:

It was at silverstone with the aprilia club i'm with, the next session thou i had a spill, foot peg dug in and lifted the rear up i think, lowsided the rear. no real damage and was back fixed in road trim 2 days later

Your foot peg dug in because you werent leaning off.

Yeah, your foot peg dug in because you didnt get off the bike enough so you are having to lean the bike so much more than is needed. You will most likely wear your toe sliders and boots by the looks of it as well as if you aren't getting off the bike your feet stay quite square on the peg leaving your toes sticking out. If you slide your feet back so your toes are on the peg it will sort of automatically hunch you up and lean you forwards over the tank a bit more, and then it will be easier to just slide your arse off the seat a bit :lol: It will come naturally really as you will kind of point your head and body round the corner to get the bike round, which will get you off the bike.

Also some people tend not to get off the seat because they have to use their shoulder strength to move the bike around and change direction etc and when hanging off the bike you havent got your strength over the handle bars. Well if you haven't got grips of it already you can manouevre (spelling?) the bike very quickly by using counter steer, which is just turning the handles the opposite way you want the bike to go, sounds crazy but you can change direct like a fly that way and wont be as tired from using your body if you get me.

Sorry im babbling on now, i miss bikes thats why :lol:

Your foot peg dug in because you werent leaning off.

I should of read further down before replying as just said same thing :lol: :nuts:

Thought i'd put some pics up of my not-so-new-now bike. Have just about been riding for a year now and am on my second bike (first one is earlier on in this thread). Love the v-tech on the VFR and although the bike isn't anywhere near as much fun as the CBR, its a whole lot easier on the arse!

How about a bit of thread revival?

As a bit of a birthday treat from my dad he let me borrow his bike for the day yesterday (VFR800 same as wazza) and it's the first time I've ridden for more than 10mins in about 18months, and I loved it! :luvlove:

Forgot how much fun it is and it's put terrible thoughts of getting another bike in the summer, quite fancy the Daytona 675 or GSX-750R...

How many others are new to or thinking of returning to biking?

As a bit of a birthday treat from my dad he let me borrow his bike for the day yesterday (VFR800 same as wazza) and it's the first time I've ridden for more than 10mins in about 18months, and I loved it! :luvlove:

Forgot how much fun it is and it's put terrible thoughts of getting another bike in the summer, quite fancy the Daytona 675 or GSX-750R...

yeah, cos you havent got enough going on this summer Mic! :lol:

I would really love to get a bike as i did my licence 3 years ago now but from a safety point of view i have nearly fully convinced myself that i need to live somewhere else than central london before i do..

yeah, cos you havent got enough going on this summer Mic! :lol:

I would really love to get a bike as i did my licence 3 years ago now but from a safety point of view i have nearly fully convinced myself that i need to live somewhere else than central london before i do..

:lol: Yeah I know, I'm terrible at getting these idea's in my head and then thinking about loads of other stuff as well! I'm sure there is room in my life for a VRT, Daytona 675, and a nice mk4 golf as a daily......... :lol:

Nice looking CBR moneypit23, my first bike (ER-5) was no where near as sporty.

Just booked mine in for its MOT next Saturday (which had run out) the increasing number of bikes around and the milder weather is giving me throttle hand itch! :norty: Had the shed open at the weekend and just kept looking longingly at it, sods law it'll be cold and raining/snow again by saturday!

For those thinking of the 675 i can tell you its easily the best supersports bike Ive had. Soooo much character and an induction note to die forr. Its not really a 1st bike though, the turn in very agressive. If I went back to a sportsbike Id have one of them again.

This vid made me buy one, listen to it at about 44sec in. Its like a mini F1 bike.

Oh and here my newish steed which is easily the best fun bike Ive had.

That SuperDuke is gorgeous! :shock:

I've been for a test ride on a 675 and I loved it, but I'll definitely have to take it easy for the first few months and get some miles under my belt before I'd be able to use it to anywhere near it's full potential.

Here's my ride..Had it for about 4 years now and its great..Ok not to every one's taste but hey I've had fast bikes and I'm getting on a little now so I'm happy just cruising along..

Its a Honda VT750C2 Ace..

vt5-1.jpg