Sign in to follow this  
h51mon

Evening All. Just picked up a rado vr6 after many years of running Golf mk2's.

Last time I owned a rado was back in 96 same choice k reg vr6 so owning one again brings back all the right memories.Had forgotten how well they drive .Only have pic to date and not exactly sure what the colour is called?

Rado1stday.jpg

If anyone could let me Know .Cheers..

Hi mate, looks Bordeuax red to me...have a look for the paint code which should be on a sticker on the inside of the rear panel (inside the boot)

Yeah cheers guys. A bit confused to be honest the sticker in the boot looks original and gives engine code as ABV but the code qouted for the colour is wait for it ...LP7Z... The rear panel is in tact not replacement and even has the original inspection sticker which is dated 12/94 so not sure wwere I am..

LP7Z is, apparently, light grey.. a 1991 colour?! Zoiks. Have you checked in the handbook? If its original to the car, it should have a copy of the same sticker in the front of the book... maybe the one that went into the car was misprinted or something weird?

The car does look very nice indeed though!

LP7Z is, apparently, light grey.. a 1991 colour?! Zoiks. Have you checked in the handbook? If its original to the car, it should have a copy of the same sticker in the front of the book... maybe the one that went into the car was misprinted or something weird?

The car does look very nice indeed though!

Thanks Jim. Just checked the service book and identical sticker in there weird but somebody has written next to it Sherry Pearl LC2U.Does this sound like a Rado colour?

Sherry Pearl is indeed a Corrado colour, and was I believe a 1994 colour so that would tie up. I can only assume that if all stickers are there and everything else checks out, it was just a misprint!

Have spoken to VW UK yesterday and apparently it was registered as Sherry Pearl (LC2U) but has the labels recorded as LP7Z. Glad to finally clear it up .Thanks for the help Fella's.

Started to detail it so soon as I finish will post pics and hopefully will look like the colour its meant to be..