Pete Griff's 'Rado R32 - (Not quite!) Alive at last! :D

1993 VR with the following bits when i bought it -

bbs rx 17's

remap

samco hoses

vibratechnics front engine mount

uprated headlight wiring loom

magnex cat-back system

ram air induction kit-now sold and replaced with standard airbox as it sounded horrendous

koni top adjustables w. eibach springs

cat 1 alarm with full closure inc. sunroof

audi tt pedals

since i've had it ive replaced -

the sunroof

the headlining

the small patch of rust on the drivers a-pillar with shiny new filler & paint!

the gearknob & gaiter

relays in the uprated headlamp loom

i am currently fitting/replacing -

all the brakes with 312's on the front

the clutch slave cylinder

ball joints, track rods, track rod ends

abs sensors all round

powerflex bushes everywhere

steering rack

wheel bearings all round

brake bias valve

solid brake lines

refurbing subframe, lower arms, rear beam - de-rusting & painting

coolant

oil

gearbox oil

brake fluid

power steering fluid

possibly eibach anti roll bars - funds allowing

and here are a few pics - sorry for them being so small - just realised that i havent actually taken any of the car polished up and working since i bought it... :?

cheers for that - have to confess i absolutely love 'em too.

They do actually look loads better in the flesh/metal - they come up superbly after a good clean - will get some more pics posted when all four wheels are eventually back on the car and touching tarmac again!

howdy all just thought i'd share a few pics on my new engine now it's finally arrived - only done 12k :norty: :D

also managed to pick up a set of milltek sports cats fro an r32 on the cheap off fleabay which i was bloody pleased about

can't wait to get back and start putting it all together now :D

very very njice mate,. looks nice and clean which i what i love. bet you cant wait to get that lump plonked in! :)

Lucky boy, yep Im looking into it as well. How much if you dont mind me asking?

that's ok - it was £1500

pretty much what they go for - i'm sure i could have beaten the guy down a bit. when i spoke to him though he sounded like an enthusiast - told him what i was doing with it and he knew all the bits etc that i would need, so to save any agro i agreed to pay him the full amount. he was real sound about it and said if i need anything else then to give him a shout which is they way i want it should i get into difficulties. plus it's really low mileage so i didn't mind paying full whack.

i shouldn't need anything else as it came with everything - all loom components required, drive by wire pedal sensor thingy, clocks, keys - etc etc basically everything i will need to sort it.

Nice one chap!

Poor old 12V, no one loves him anymore :D

Where did you get your Gauge panel under the ash tray?

thats a nice shiny engine pete 8)

bet ya cant wait to get back and start ripping your car to bits.

Nice one chap!

Think thats an early VW gauge panel... mine came with one til i changed it for the all in one late panel.

Nice one chap!

Think thats an early VW gauge panel... mine came with one til i changed it for the all in one late panel.

mine also came with the car when i bought it - i have to find a way of securing it a bit better though; it doesn't do it very often, but occasionally it jumps off it's mounts on the bottom - just annoying really.

i didn't know there was an early and a late panel.... anyone fancy doing a swap?!

Doubt you'll find anyone willing to swap!

Late ones look like this and are available from vagparts or vagspares... or something!

12062007152 (Medium).jpg[/attachment:3w17uh29]

Ahhh.... So that is what RX's look like on a standard suspension! I have some anthracite coloured ones waiting to go on when I have sorted out the tyres!!

i only got back today - it was awesome opening my many parcels all of shiny parts for the car - like christmas only much much better! :grin: :grin: :grin:

ordered my KW V3's today - 950 delivered from Regal Autosport, which i thought was pretty good...

also ordered an upper + lower strut brace for the front, bonrath top mounts and an arp bolt kit for the quaife

i'm interested to see exactly where the lower strut brace goes and what it bolts up to - i'm guessing possibly the bolts where the front of the lower arms go into the subframe... either that or i will have to get the drill out!

does anyone know where i can get some lightweight/underdrive pullies from for a mk4 r32? - awesome gti do a nice neuspeed set, but they are hoofingly expensive for only 2 pullies!

only got a few more bits'n'bobs to order now, then hopefully the whole lot will be ready and waiting for me to sort out when i get back :)

Liking the plans Pete - You are going down the route I want to take - give or take some bits.

PS I'm guessing that you work for the same people as me as you are in the place where i'm going soon.

Liking the plans Pete - You are going down the route I want to take - give or take some bits.

PS I'm guessing that you work for the same people as me as you are in the place where i'm going soon.

you have PM about jobs etc!

glad to hear you like the plans, thanks - have you checked out some of the other r32 builds on here - kadvr6, kipvr and biggerbigben are all at it! - kip's is very similar to mine too, but all the builds are looking very nice.

so what plans have you got for yours then (with regards different bits etc)

the goal for mine is just to have the ultimate 'rado for daily use. (in my eyes anyway :))

i would love to go for ridiculous power with FI, but just through the front wheels; it's a bit much for me IMO.

also my last car was an impreza wr1 and even when driving it sensibly, it would just rape me on fuel/running costs.

the 'rado should hopefully be a fair bit more reasonable to run - plus it looks much les chavvy than an impreza (even if it was a newer one!) and i much prefer running it on a daily basis (let's not mention depreciation too!)

Yes, he does mate. There's a few of us on here. :D

haha - fair enough, cheers buddy!

how are things with you now anyway - have you still got your car or is it off being "made better!" at the phirm?!

Hi Pete,

Got the car back from them with the Peloquin (ace mod) done, then have had the brakes fitted. Now its back with The Phirm again. Its been in the workshop as much as its been on the road this year!! :D Turbo loveliness to follow... :clap:

Hi Pete,

Got the car back from them with the Peloquin (ace mod) done, then have had the brakes fitted. Now its back with The Phirm again. Its been in the workshop as much as its been on the road this year!! :D Turbo loveliness to follow... :clap:

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :notworthy: :clap: :nuts: 8) :tongue: :cheers:

Lots of nice shiny bits Pete, and no piccies? Can you post some up of your strut braces? I've been thinking of getting some but unsure if the upper one will fit ok with the engine change....

Chazrad, at least you car HAS been out of the workshop this year :( , I was supposed to be going up there tonight but Jon is ill....How are you liking the diff?