Sign in to follow this  
dan

Mud Flaps for the Corrado

Just sitting in traffic today admiring a new 3 series BMW and I noticed that the wheel arches are well shaped around the wheels on the 3 series. i.e. nice small and even gap all round. I also noticed that this look was helped by the moulded mud flaps they have.

Does anyone know if there are OEM moulded flaps available for the corrado? I was told, the rear mud flaps off a Mk3 golf would probably fit.

Does anyone have any pics of mud flaps on a c.

Or do you think they'd look stupid?

I've just been through the old faithful etka cd rom and they're not listed they must be on the additions catalogue as they were an added option I'll get down to my local VAG dealer thats round the corner from me and find out the part number for them and price as I could do with some as well as long as they dont look naff of course!!!

Right to all of you who want mud flaps on your C here is the part number from the stealers it is 821-VAG-857 they come in pairs and are the same front and back so you need to order 2 sets to do front and backand they're £18.99 per set. MMMMM suits you sir!!!!!!

Are they Corrado branded, or are they just plain?

Just interested to know :)

Anyone got these yet? Quite tempted- used to have some on the VTI, and it's amazing what a difference it makes- the car stayed soooo much cleaner! These Corrado ones look a bit big though...

Right to all of you who want mud flaps on your C here is the part number from the stealers it is 821-VAG-857 they come in pairs and are the same front and back so you need to order 2 sets to do front and backand they're £18.99 per set. MMMMM suits you sir!!!!!!

Ant I would like you to get me a 2 sets of these, but not just yet, I went to my dealers today in spain and they cannot get them and the reference is not any good here as it dont mean anything to them.

I think i'll get you to send me one of those FPRs to and if Pau1s HL protectors arnt A1 i'll be asking you to get me a set of them too. I'l keep you posted. thats if thats okay!!!

thanks Nigel

Not much then Nige!!!!! :D :D I ve sold all the FPR's now but if there is enough people wanting some more I'll get another batch sent to me!!

Okay I've sorted the mud flaps once and for all, well 90% anyway

The Flaps are for various Models of Vw's and as BANANA MAN, says their are part number is

821-VAG-857

Now this is were the fun starts

The Flaps have a space on them for the "corrado" badge to go, or other VW model. Now in the Case of the Corrado these badges were part number

821-VAG-844, but they are no longer made or available as they were made by quatium the same as the oil and are UK parts/Accessories only. As are ALL xxx-VAG-xxx parts. For the Corrado you also need a special fitting kit that requires a longer screw than the once that come with the flaps.

Part Number 821-VAG-845 so to recap

821-VAG-857 Flaps in sets of two (1 Pair)

821-VAG-845 Fitting Kit For The Corrado 1 Kit per pair required (i think)

821-VAG-844 Corrado badge for flaps (discontinued)

I have managed to get 2 set of flaps from the Local Dealers hear in the UK while on my visit, I've ordered the Fitting Kits and I found one set of the Flap badges this morning at the VW show at Stamford Hall.

The ones with the VW logo are apparently a better shape and are for the Passat, they are from the 97 range for one set and another year for the other set. Someone else will need to fill in that 10% of info.

The Logos for a the Flaps are no longer stocked by any UK dealers guys

range round the ones i was given as having them in stock. one there a few sets away last years what a muppet

Does anyone have any pics of mud flaps on a c.

If you've got issue 26 of "The Sprinter" have a look on the back cover! Nice big piccy of mystic blue Storm (Chris Gaskell's to be precise!) with mudflaps with VW logos.

The VW logos are passat mud flaps and Chris C is mine BTW saw it at the weekend. I'll have some pics of mine with the flaps on by the weekend.

The full script on neat fitting mudflaps (votex not Quantum) as covered off by Chris Gaskell was in the May 99 Sprinter for those VWCCGB members.

A straightforward mod (must be I did it !) using combination of Passat 97 on flaps for the front and Passat 94 onwards rears (part nos in The Sprinter) .

Have had them on my 16v for while - very satisfactory and whole lot less intrusive than solid wedge types. Jim do you have a pic of my 16v from the AGM showing these flaps as I have no digicam ?

Stormseeker , yes that is Chris Gaskell's Storm on the back page of Sprinter 26 but it sure aint 'Mystic' unless he's had it resprayed from 'Classic Green' which I somehow doubt . One of , if not the , smartest C's I ever seen - only comes out in good weather from May onwards .

Flaps on it are same as mine as 'pioneered' by CG per May 99 Sprinter under article heading "Here's mud in your eye"

I dont know what make the flaps are but those one on Ebay are not the Same as the VW ones :shock: i just bought

Stormseeker , yes that is Chris Gaskell's Storm on the back page of Sprinter 26 but it sure aint 'Mystic' unless he's had it resprayed from 'Classic Green' which I somehow doubt . One of , if not the , smartest C's I ever seen - only comes out in good weather from May onwards .

Flaps on it are same as mine as 'pioneered' by CG per May 99 Sprinter under article heading "Here's mud in your eye"

Any chance of a reprint/scan of that article???

Quality printing then on issue 26? Or someone's been photoshopping the colours - there does look to be a bit too much red - tail lights have an almost pinkish quality. (oooooooh - get me!) .

That's the mystic-bluest looking classic-green I've ever seen :shock:

has anyone here bought and fitted a set of the Mud Flaps that seem to be on sale on Ebay almost every week? They are the ones that say Corrado on them. Would be interested to know if they are any good in terms of quality, and fit? cheers.

Hi Guys

I can't beleive there is such a thread - I've just binned 2 full sets of C flaps! [influence of my uber-cool offspring - storm-nut]

My daily runner Bora V6-4M has superb moulded flaps which work & look well - much superior to the bolt on after variety!

Regards

Philmo