Sign in to follow this  
Super-G

My Nugget G60

Well, I've been looking for a Rado for a few months now. Having looked at both the VR and G, it was a split decision between the two. I then stumbled across a Nugget Yellow G60, which I fell for. I'm afraid she hasn't been cleaned yet and has been sat on my driveway, unloved, for three weeks now, but her she is:

DSCN45821.jpg

DSCN4580-1.jpg

DSCN45781-1.jpg

Hope you like, any comments welcome :D

Best colour and best engine

Good to meet you at the NEC at the weekend and nice to see another Nugget on the orum, they are in danger of becoming as common as Storms :lol:

i like it.. looks like a clean one ! iv never bin keen on colour codeing the front spliter but that looks alright :o iam not sure on the wheels tho ?

Looks absolutely brilliant! The colour coded front splitter works really well on a yellow car! :)

Nice, another yellow one to add to the collection on here.

Have to see if we can manage to get 20 Nuggets together at one show next year as it is 20 years of the first production of the Corrado.

Nice driveway! do you live in a field :lol:

Only joking, looks very fresh and liking the clean lines with bump strips removed and colour coded splitter 8)

Thanks for the comments.

Andy, was good to speak at the NEC. I was a little shocked when you told me how few Yellow G60's were imported. :shock:

Don't think it'll even be common :lol:

The wheels are 17's, and I wasn't really sure about them at first. In the flesh thou, they have grown on me, but I'm sure some deep dish euro-style rims will make their way on in the future. :D

Have a bit of work to do to bring it up to show standard, but I'll get there.

Today I'm sorting out the crank bolt, which won't budge!

The wheels are 17's, and I wasn't really sure about them at first. In the flesh thou, they have grown on me, but I'm sure some deep dish euro-style rims will make their way on in the future. :D

Yeah, I have 15"s on mine. At first I hated them with a passion, but I slowly warmed up to them. Then I moved and realized that almost ever third car has the same ones, and I think a black or a dark gray would look better with my red/black car.

Best colour and best engine

Good to meet you at the NEC at the weekend and nice to see another Nugget on the orum, they are in danger of becoming as common as Storms :lol:

Or Yellows Storms....... :lol:

Well, being totally honest, not a great deals happened since my last post. The G's been running well, all I had noticed was a little bit of an exhaust leak. Happy times :grin:

FrontNoPlate.jpg

But come February I was fed up with the 9-5 and decided to have a break, going out to France and doing the end of the winter season. I spent ten weeks in the Alps, boarding pretty much every day, whilst the raddo sat quietly at my parents house in the UK, hidden away from the elements. Since returning, progress has been pretty slow, but some has been made. Here's a few pictures from over the last few weeks.

The Nugget I returned to

DSCN46131.jpg

With a blowing exhaust manifold, the work began.

Here's a photo of my inlet manifold for reference

DSCN4932.jpg

Trial fit of the G-Werks 4 branch exhaust manifold

DSCN4938.jpg

As I get the feeling heat wrap on a stainless steel exhaust is a bad idea, I used heat insulation on the inlet manifold instead

DSCN4940.jpg

Got myself busy on the throttle body :-)

DSCN4959.jpg

DSCN4962.jpg

Everything went back together nicely, and looking a little fresher

DSCN4958.jpg

One thing I'd really like to know, can anybody identify the sensor below. Located above the injectors with just one spader terminal (which mine is bent right over) on it.

DSCN4951.jpg

Right, everything is running well, so here's a few pics from over the last couple of weeks

DSCN4983010400011.jpg

DSCN4986010300011.jpg

DSCN4988010500011.jpg

DSCN5006.jpg

DSCN5021010600011.jpg

Hope you enjoyed.

Any answers to my 'what sensor is this' question, much appreciated :wave:

:wave: That looks REALLY good. Yellow has very much grown on me since getting into the C scene.

As for that spade connector, i think it is a temp sensor :scratch: for after run fan... I may be wrong, as my brain is so jumbled from my rebuild, if no one else pipes up i'll double check on that tomorrow :salute:

Over run temp sensor. I've read that somewhere. The problem I've got now, is the fan no longer comes on on over run. I guess the heat insulation has prevented the sensor getting hot enough to trigger. I wonder if I could move this to a more suitable location? Maybe closer to the exhaust so I always get an over run fan :nuts:

ecu relay maybe? cheap and easy to change. id deffinatly have a look at the ignition switch too!

Car lloks mint by the way

Waynos, you were right, my ecu relay was knackered, and my ignition switch. But I also found my crank pulley key was warn, throwing the timing right out. So i've had a combination of problems over the last few months, but the Nuggets back and running strong. Happy days :grin:

Couple of photo's

DSCN6009.jpg

Framed20001.jpg

20081108_powerstation_10-1.jpg

20081108_powerstation_25-1.jpg

Can anyone help me with these wires found behind the fusebox. Should they be connected to anything?

A green plug and black and blue wire coming from behind the fusebox

DSCN6073.jpg

A yellow plug with green wire on top of the fusebox.

DSCN6071.jpg

Apart from mystrery wires, alls running well. But I am stuck trying to get the wires out of the temperature sensor connector. How are the terminals held into the plastic connector?

Cheers,

Andy

hey andy, car is looking really good - you did seem like you liked to keep it clean and polished when i met you :)

can't help with th wiring issues i'm afraid as my motor is a vr and my wiring is now nothing like standard inside...

random question - i like the top piccie in front of the waterfall - is that anywhere near gloucester?

Apart from mystrery wires, alls running well. But I am stuck trying to get the wires out of the temperature sensor connector. How are the terminals held into the plastic connector?

Cheers,

Andy

Which temp sender? Outside air temp? Or blue temp sender? They should all be the standard plastic clips using sprung wire to hold the female onto the male. Pull the clip off if it's being awkward they're easy to put back on once the connector is apart.

Hi!

I have one question...What is the difference between the ordinary and sports exhaust collector 4-2-1? (sound, acceleration, mark of the collector ...)

DSCN4938.jpg

Your Corrado looks very nice :notworthy:

Cheers Pete, but if you saw my car now you wouldn't think I liked to keep it clean :bad-words:

The waterfall is actually down in Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor. Only wish we had photospots like that round here.

Toad, I'm trying to get the wiring terminals out of the blue temperature sender plug, as my wiring snapped. I've got the rubber bung out of the back, but can't seem to release the metal connector. I guess it's got a spring tab on one side holding it in, but I can't work out how to release it. This is the plug:

DSCN6088.jpg

DSCN6092.jpg

I guess you really need a special tool, but can it be done with a small screwdriver or paperclip?

Merklin, The exhaust manifold helps the engine to rev more freely. I don't think it's done a huge amount for power on it's own, but my friends asure me it sounds amazing. In the car it doesn't sound brilliant, a bit metalic sounding (I'm sure heat wrap would have helped with that), but outside it's very different. It creates a very deep note on acceleration and a friend described my exhaust note this weekend as an alsation barking :eek: Wasn't sure how to take that, but he liked it.

I think you can get new plugs direct from VW. Either that or they're fairly common and you could snaffle one off a breaker.