Sign in to follow this  
Andy665

Really must stop refusing to sell cars

Had a bloke come round this afternoon to view the Bora - said it was by far the cleanest he had seen and offered me the full asking price. Trouble was he turned up in a really tatty looking Mk4 Golf GTi and I just couldn't let someone buy it to let it go like he had with his Mk4.

Thats the second car I've refused to sell to someone ......really must stop seeing them as things that might have feelings :?

What do you say to them when you refuse to sell it?! I'd be livid if I came to look at a car and you turned me away!! :)

I just told him that I just needed to make sure that the car I was looking at was still available and that I'd be in touch as soon as I knew, I did cover his fuel costs (even though he only lived about 15 miles away). I am actually still waiting to see if the Audi we're interested in is still available so I'm not exactly lying.

At the end of the day I have invested a fair amount of time in that car and I want to make sure as far as possible that it will be bought by someone who will continue to look after it as I have.

I sort of know what you mean but, at the end of the day, you could sell it to a perfectly good person who is intending to cherish the car but they could still end up writing it off 4 miles down the road! Or a chavy looking guy could buy it and run it for the next 15 years, spending thousands on as he does so.

As long as you've got the money you want, just forget about it! Stop being so picky! :D

Oh and I've had my VR for 5 years on Saturday and spent literally thousands on it so I'm not just trying to criticise you - I'd probably do the same ;)

I know I'm being picky :lol: , probably got a lot to do with me not really wanting to sell it as well - its such a great car, just wish it was an estate :lol:

Personally I'd be livid if someone did that to me. Either its for sale or it isn't, its not like he was offering less than you were asking. I've done a lot of buying and selling over the years and had an awful lot of timewaster buyers and that can be really annoying, the concept of a timewasting seller is a new one on me! You should keep it if you're that attached to it. Just my humble opinion chap.

thats the dumbest thing i've heard.

LOL, so true! Get your anorak off and call the guy back and take his damn cash! :)

I consider myself well and truly ticked off :( I do have another very interested party who wants the car but just has to sell his own first

How stupid of you, no offence!

That Golf could've been just his daily runabout and he wanted a nice cruiser. How many on here have tatty runabouts?!

Get him on the phone!

He did actually say that he tends to buy cars and then just runs them into the ground, here what you are saying that cash is cash but I really didn't want to sell him the car - I'd rather keep hold of it than see someone buy it and let it go to ruin

KADVR6 - no problem. Please don't think I mess people around - I just don't want a car that I've invested a fair amount of money and a lot of time in to go to someone who will just trash it - I'm sure once your mate sees it he'll understand where I'm coming from

KADVR6 - no problem. Please don't think I mess people around - I just don't want a car that I've invested a fair amount of money and a lot of time in to go to someone who will just trash it - I'm sure once your mate sees it he'll understand where I'm coming from

the time and money you invest into the car goes into the price that you ask for it. if you feel you're underselling it, then raise the price.

if someone else sees the price you ask as worthwhile, it's up to the what happens to it next.

personally, if i sold my car i wouldn't give a f\/ck what happens to it next, once i've got the reddies, its not mine any more..

I can understand where you're coming from, i wouldnt sell the C to anyone unless i know they'd look after it, or if they lived many miles away from me.