Sign in to follow this  
Matt GTi

Been to look at it, and bought it!

I went to look at the Ice grey violet VR6 eventually, and it is absolutely lovely. Ther are scuff marks on three of the wings, and some bubbling on the rear near the Corrado badge. He said he will get all that sorted before I buy it, or get it priced up and the total taken off the price of the car! It's up for £5,500, but It has black leather, air con, K+N Induction kit, 10 disc sony CD Changer, and a full closure Cat 1 alarm/Immoiliser. Plus full SH, non VW, 6 months Tax, and 1 years MOT. Apart from the small bodywork problems, it is lovely, and the black leather against the paintwork works reallly well.

I've told him I'll buy it, so Woo hoo! The guy has had it for 4 years, but has only done about 20000 miles in it, the total is 92000 ish.

I can't wait to take it on the 75 mile trip home!

Thanks for all the advice and tips guys, it has been really helpfull.

Excellent, good choice of colour, not many around in that shade :lol:

Just in case you ever need touch up paint or spray, don't bother with the dealer as it's obsolete. Halfords do paint mixing now and I had a large touch up bottle made up yesterday. K4U is the code.

The match is very good.

Just for info....

Kev

I will get pics up once I get it, but I am waiting for the guy to get the arches sorted. Cheers for the info Kev, as there are a few stonechips that I would like to sort out once I get it.

Now it's the waiting game. I hate waiting!

Mmmmm... Ice Grey Violet :)

.........not to mention the black leather interior too 8) 8) 8) .......makes it an excellent combo :wink:

Mmmmm... Ice Grey Violet :)

.........not to mention the black leather interior too 8) 8) 8) .......makes it an excellent combo :wink:

Same spec as mine was...nice!

Thanks for all the comments guys. It is really nice. One thing though, there is no rear VR6 badge, just Corrado. Is that normal?

The rust is very miniscule, about half a cm in total, but it all counts!

I also noticed a noise coming from the passenger side front wheel, sounded like a fuel pump maybe? Like a 'fluttering' noise is the best way I can describe it. Is that normal?

Maybe I was a bit to happy. I decided to do an HPI check. I wasn't going to as he had one from when he bought it, and everything was clear.

There is no outstanding finance or anything, but it says ther may be a mileage discrepancy. The car was only MOT'd friday, and I think I'm right in guessing that is how the mileage is checked. If the mileage is slightly higher, say 92100, and I have put the mileage as 92000, could that cause the problem?

Thanks for all the comments guys. It is really nice. One thing though, there is no rear VR6 badge, just Corrado. Is that normal?

mine doesn't have a VR6 badge either :(

gonna get a debadged grill soon anyways, so not fussed at all

Does anyone report mileages back to the HPI people from MOT certificates? I'm not sure if they do or not. People report mileages on the V5 when they buy/sell sometimes though, which definitely goes to the DVLA.

Do you have more details?

There must be some other way of the DVLA obtaining up to date mileage, and the only way I can think they can do that is with MOT's. I have never filled out the mileage log on a V5. So if a car never has that mileage filled out, the DVLA would never know what the cars mileage is.

Phone up the mileage register through HPI and get them to give you what they have on record...