Sign in to follow this  
Alexander

Thinking of de-wipering the rear of your Corrado?

Do the next owner of your car a favour and don't bother. VW put them on for a reason, namely so you could reverse in the winter *and* see who/what you were backing into.

You'll also save the next owner half an hour in the P*ssing rain taking his boot to bits, only to discover the replacement motor won't go in without dismantling the whole spoiler mechanism, which he is in no way brave enough to do - rain or otherwise.

:(

Should have bought a standard car really mate :( , it seems like a few of your posts are to do with reversing mods that have been carried out.

Are you sure it's that big a job to get the wiper back in?

Cant you just use rain x ??

Yeah I'm trying that at the moment, not really having much success - am I right in thinking you just use it on the inside of the glass to prevent fogging? It's just gone really smeary but maybe it just needs more elbow grease!

Should have bought a standard car really mate :( , it seems like a few of your posts are to do with reversing mods that have been carried out.

Nah - don't get me wrong I'm well happy with the car, but the guy I bought it off only used it in the summer, so I guess he wouldn't have really needed the wiper as much as me (it's my daily driver). The only other mod I had to er... modify was the ride height, but that's because I have huge speed bumps and the previous owner didn't! I like it being modified, but it also has to be practical so it's a bit of a compromise. I was originally going to get a standard car, but this one came up at the right price and it's obviously been well looked after.

I'm sure it's not a big job if you don't have rain falling in your eyes and you're a bit more confident with a spanner than I am! Basically the metal bar that pushes the spoiler up is in the way and the gap isn't big enough to get the wiper motor into it's original position.

The motor comes out without dismantling anything so, at a guess, it goes back in the same fashion ;)

Yeah OK so I feel pretty bloody foolish now...

I was going to delete the thread and skulk off but instead I'm going to leave it as a reminder to myself to READ THE INSTRUCTIONS...

Thank you guys, hope this little bit of comedy has brightened your sundays!

Ah ha! In my defence, just checked and I've bought Rain-X defogger/demister which I take it is for the inside of the glass.

I take it there's another Rain-X product for the outside that I need to get hold of?

I wonder if the wiper motor goes in easier if the spoiler is in the "up" position? Hmmm might go back out into the rain and have a go...

Nah - don't get me wrong I'm well happy with the car, but the guy I bought it off only used it in the summer, so I guess he wouldn't have really needed the wiper as much as me (it's my daily driver). The only other mod I had to er... modify was the ride height, but that's because I have huge speed bumps and the previous owner didn't! I like it being modified, but it also has to be practical so it's a bit of a compromise. I was originally going to get a standard car, but this one came up at the right price and it's obviously been well looked after.

I'm sure it's not a big job if you don't have rain falling in your eyes and you're a bit more confident with a spanner than I am! Basically the metal bar that pushes the spoiler up is in the way and the gap isn't big enough to get the wiper motor into it's original position.

..and you've put badges back on the smoothed rear :wink: :)

I'd suggest going back to the spoiler mech when it's not raining and you're not flustered :lol: Hope you manage to sort it out though.

Aye I've not put them on yet to be fair, but I thought if I had them I could offer em up and see if I preferred them on! I guess what looks good is a personal thing isn't it, at the end of the day!

Don't be mean! I was right in the end, it was Rain-X defogger that I'd got, so I was actually using it correctly. It's crap, by the way. :lol:

Don't be mean! I was right in the end, it was Rain-X defogger that I'd got, so I was actually using it correctly. It's crap, by the way. :lol:

I know mate, but its still funny :lol: