Sign in to follow this  
waynos

what do you think (new pics ofrear lights painted and fitted

after some prick drove into my car smashing my nice smoked clear/red lights i bought another set off ebay for cheap. Never really liked the chrome parts on the casing so i decided to spray them black i also gave it a kind of border all around the lights too. Have only done the one so far. What do you all think? top pic shows the painted one on the left and the standard on the right.

DSC00007.jpg

DSC00009.jpg

Looks a lot better! Have seen it done before but it still looks good every time I see it 8)

EDIT: In fact it looks like you have done the edges of the lens too - which I must say does look a lot better and much more 'stock' 8)

yea i did the edges too, looks a bit more complete that way i think. gunna hopefully get the rest finished this week n ill whack up some pics of them on the car

Looks good,they were always a bit overly bling with the chrome Novaesque surrounds.

Lets see how they look on the car now :)

took a bit of time but now i got the car running again i thought i may aswell finish off the lights n wack them on.

a before pic with the old cracked light ( these havent been sprayed)

lights.jpg

here are the new set that have had the edges and surrounds de blinged!

lights2.jpg

DSC00226.jpg

DSC00225.jpg

what do you think

Looks good but you can also just rub down the chrome coating with autosol to get a gloss black finish underneath. Small bit tricky trying to get in behind the lenses though.

What paint did you use?

could have done that but i wanted a matt finish and i also wanted to cover the edges as seen in the first pic. i used halfords plastic bumper spray

looks awesome. Might be worth seeing if you can seal the bumper paint with something, as it will come off in time.

I used it on some trim before and it looks good, but starts coming away after XX many car washes etc.

I guess if you're careful it should last :D

i havent had any problems with the paint really, i did my grille in the same stuff. however i did use clear plastic primer so that may of helped

i havent had any problems with the paint really, i did my grille in the same stuff. however i did use clear plastic primer so that may of helped

yeah primer can help tons, i didn't use any on mine and it started to blister after a while, my own fault though.

looks soo much better than the chrome dude!

i still keep meaning to get in touch bout grabbin them bolts and having a shifty round it!

i've always thought having the clear bit on lights looks really crap, but that actually looks alright, not too cheap and nasty looking like they do normally

a job well done