Sign in to follow this  
corrado_sunderland

G60 jet- scraped turbo idea so gunna rotrex or similar

Welcome to the forum!

Can't believe someone actually bought that old nail!!111 ;)

itll be doin some nailin alrite when its done just needs a little tlc bless it, gone brand new coilovers for it already and g werks doin the charger now and local engine place doin the bottom end as ive no room to do it meself these days few little bits and bobs and should be really nice car :)

Congrats on the new purchase, lets have a look at some pictures...

Im only along the road in Durham (some of the time), ill keep my eyes opn for you..

Blimey, nice to see that car is still about. Here's a little Christmas present for you; a collection of photos of the car circa 2000-2001 when it was registered with the immortal "G60 GO" numberplate.

Still miss that car! shame i had to sell it, sounds like its had some muppet owners since I sold it. pitty, she's a beast.

Myself and Andy Brookes ( the guy I bought it off) were both offered the car sometime back in 2006/7 ish before it came back to the UK. The guy selling it was trying to flog it using my photos take of the Corrado Database site, and there is a whole long story behind that :lol:

I wish you all the best in geting her back on the road with that engine rebuilt. You gonna let me drive her for old times sake? Nothing like the G60 sound with a supersprint Zorst!

Did you find the harness under the seat, or was it cut out as you suspected?

i havent looked as it 7 foot in the air on the ramps still:(, ill get her runnin mint again and yeah ya can have a drive in 900 mile when she run in properply:P ive removed all air con too me m8 said the other day"rite ove took all the power steering off like ya wanted" :shock: then laughed went ahhh had ya haha, engine goin away tomoro nite and charger due to return this week:D

i havent looked as it 7 foot in the air on the ramps still:(, ill get her runnin mint again and yeah ya can have a drive in 900 mile when she run in properply:P ive removed all air con too me m8 said the other day"rite ove took all the power steering off like ya wanted" :shock: then laughed went ahhh had ya haha, engine goin away tomoro nite and charger due to return this week:D

Still think your made a mistake removing the aircon, thats one of the best features of that G60, no other UK G60s had it as standard.

I think I agree about the aircon. It's nice to be able to leave that set "on" ready for when you demist it using the remote start Andy fitted to it!

Nice warm defrosted car awaits you sir... I can remember the first time Andy showed that to me, and seven years on I've just managed to get my own car fitted up the same way... luxury!

Blimey the old girl is back! I still wish I had never sold her. Hope you have fun and sort it all out.

Got some more old pics about at home if you would like me to post them?

Just found one at work....

Cheers Andy Brookes

the aircon was knakard anywa pipes werent connected etc so its dead in water anywa and it will still make hot air just not cold so i not botherd really just extra weight, dropped the engine off tonite at the builders so soon as they get her to bits ill kno whats what only got 800 quid to spend thou so hopefully itll be enough for engine :?

And them all red back lights are definetly getting purchaed for it as it only has normal ones now:( looks really clean there needs few dint and scrapes takin out at the mo off fools driving it who couldnt handle the lhd

You may be interested in this item on E-Bay Item number: 230207251271 :D

Remember the car well from a number of shows when Andy had it. Incidentally the plate was sold to someone I know who put it on on an Edition1 Golf G60. The Golf was later sold with the plate and eventually written off so I suspect it's on retention somewhere.

just to keep everyone up to date the engine is now stripped and has a cracked piston and destroyed sleeve, im either going ot have to re-sleeve it and put some secound hand pistons in or oversized and have it rebored :(