Sign in to follow this  
Rob_G60

Police Fine

Police gave me a fine(£30) last night and 14 days to get my plates changed(£20), They did not mind the euro plates, but did not like the spacing

So now i got £50 to pay out and have my plate read G6 0BV :( Well gutted

Any one had a run in with the police over there plates

First thing I did when I bought my G60 was change the German plates for new, banded GB ones. I think they look just as good and I can't be doing with the hassle of driving around sweating every time I see a police car. Sorry to hear about your fine tho! :(

Got tugged for mine a month or so ago, w@nkers! They can get Fooked if they think I'm changing them though 8)

Don't think Ian ever had a problem with them - did you try telling the nice constable that they were on the car when you got it?

Not been pulled for mine yet, however I think the police have more pressing business round my way.

I keep meaning to get a GB set made to keep in the boot, but just never get round to it.

Don't think Ian ever had a problem with them - did you try telling the nice constable that they were on the car when you got it?

Yeah i did lol, I was like'' they came on the car when i brought it''

Got tugged for mine a month or so ago, w@nkers! They can get Fooked if they think I'm changing them though 8)

be careful mate if you have a private plate the rozers can report it to the dvla who can take your plate for misuse of it the "swines"

Copy and paste from scottishvag.net, guy who posted seems to know quite alot on the subject :D

1. The plate must be made of retroreflecting material which, as regards its construction, colour and other qualities, complies with the requirements of -

(a) the British Standard specification for retroreflecting number plates published on 15 January 1998 under number BS AU 145d[13], or

(b) any other relevant standard or specification recognised for use in an EEA State and which, when in use, offers a performance equivalent to that offered by a plate complying with the British Standard specification,

and which, in either case, is marked with the number (or such other information as is necessary to permit identification) of that standard or specification.

2. Where the registration mark is displayed on the front of the vehicle, it must have black characters on a white background.

3. Where the registration mark is displayed on the back of the vehicle, it must have black characters on a yellow background.

Lifted straight from BSAU 145d. So if the plates you are going to buy are marked DIN 74069, TPPR 7285, BSAU 145d or BSAU 145a if it's pre september 2001 et cetera et cetera, have black characters and are white front, yellow rear and reflective with it, they are legal.

The bttom line is that all pressed alloy plates are illegal as this is not a BS-approved number plate material, whether they are german-marked, GB or Euro etc.

I was done for having a German-flagged alloy front, wasn't on bumper as stickyness of pads had been lost due to cold wether and also for having a rear plate of illegal / non-BS material (had US-sized rear pressed alloy yellow plate, even though it was reflective, correct height / width of digits and spacing of digits, was still told it was illegal).

I got £30 fine and given 7-days to change plates. If had not changed them and had been stopped again, I was told they would inform the DVLA I was diplaying or misrepresenting a cherished registration and the DOT would then take the right to display the registration off of me.