Sign in to follow this  
timg60

Discontinued Parts.

Just a quick one. Is it worth having a section on parts that are discontinued from the dealers.

Have noticed that more and more parts seem to not be listed anymore. When someone comes across a part that is nla they could post it ion there and a list could be compiled and updated.

But then again could be a lot of work as more and more bits are melted down.......... :(

List made up from posts,

Please dont take this as gospel. Its just been collated from this site and other peoples finding so could be completly wrong :lol:

VR6 silver grill badge

Rear "storm" badge

Early indicators

535 867 551 head lining strip (grey)

VR6 Headlight adjusters

G60 Clutch master cylinder

Fine idea, IMO. We can add them as we learn about them. Notes about alternative suppliers could be useful too IMO. Also, if someone has got it wrong, amendments from those with sound factual knowledge will be constructive and helpful, too.

I can start with:

Grill VR6 badge silver.

Rear "Storm" badge. Apparently available from Awesome GTi?

:lol: last time I went to Breeze VW in Southampton the parts monkeys told me that the oil filter for the

G60 has now been discontinued :lol: but then they are f%^king idiots and franky it amazes me they can

find there way to work in the morning! :?

Almost ranks with the classic.

Me: Can I have a length of ECU vac hose for a Corrado G60 Please?

Parts Monkey: Cordoba? We dont do those, you sure its a VW? Do you mean a Passat?

Me: Sigh... No its a VW C O R R A D O! The green one outside! I just need a meter of Vac hose for the ECU.

Parts Monkey: The wont be any vac hose on the ECU mate its all electrical init.

Me: Is there an adult I can speak to please?

I've got one.....

Driver's foot rest, the piece of plastic next to the clutch, I know 'cos I tried to order one today. Anyone got one? 8)

However the same people told me that Lupo wiper arms would NEVER fit a Corrado and they didn't come with Aero wipers any road, not even the GTi so no luck with that one either, going back with a big stick another day to give someome a poke and a printed "how to" guide with part numbers.

:lol: last time I went to Breeze VW in Southampton the parts monkeys told me that the oil filter for the

G60 has now been discontinued :lol: but then they are f%^king idiots and franky it amazes me they can

find there way to work in the morning! :?

Almost ranks with the classic.

Me: Can I have a length of ECU vac hose for a Corrado G60 Please?

Parts Monkey: Cordoba? We dont do those, you sure its a VW? Do you mean a Passat?

Me: Sigh... No its a VW C O R R A D O! The green one outside! I just need a meter of Vac hose for the ECU.

Parts Monkey: The wont be any vac hose on the ECU mate its all electrical init.

Me: Is there an adult I can speak to please?

The part number for ECU vac hose is N 020 290 3..

OK, pretty dull this, but if anyone replaces their windscreen and the old screen catches and breaks the headlining trim strip, you won't be able to get another from the dealers.

VW part code: 535 867 551 (colour 1DH) Internal headlining plastic trim strip, grey.

Like I said, dull.

• Like 1

Another dull one door rubber seals for 95 discontinued some of the otheres arn't and the clip that breaks on the bonnet release cable, you cant buy it anymore but u can buy 30 quids worth of cable with the obsolete clip on even though theres nothing wrong with the one you have. W4c&ers how can u make a car then discontinue everything.

asked for some new indicators to go into the front bumper, still available for 92 onwards but prevoius models eg first g60 etc are apparently discontinued!! how do they justify that one?? hand signals?? lol

OK, pretty dull this, but if anyone replaces their windscreen and the old screen catches and breaks the headlining trim strip, you won't be able to get another from the dealers.

VW part code: 535 867 551 (colour 1DH) Internal headlining plastic trim strip, grey.

Like I said, dull.

Even if you have got one you cant get the clips to hold it in either..

Yes early indicators are NLA but you can fit late ones instead.

Headlight adjusters for vr.........

Just nicked from yans post.

Think I might do a list on the first post.

T

As of the 10th Jan. '08, the clutch master cylinder is obsolete, no replacement, no stock at VW's warehouse in UK or in Germany... :shock:

... and I got one from another dealer who just happened to have it lying on the shelf :D

Maybe I should ask my friendly local dealer which parts are heading that way, and stock up now! :lol:

Good idea Tim but I have a feeling that Mr Bigpantsbaby will be using this as a list of items he can get most profit from! :lol: :wink: