Sign in to follow this  
chrishill

bodywork underway!

Dropped my car off on monday for its big respray and patching up job, and i called in today to have a look at how things were going. Dispite crys of 'you sad git' from workmates i took photos! :lol:

I'm getting the side strips left off, the mirrors, washer jets, handles and rear numberplate surround colour coded and a full respray in lovely lovely red.

sorry about the size of them!

I know I ask everyone whos having a respray this, but its because mine is need desprate need of one.

How much?

quoted £650, expecting to pay a bit on top of that as i've heard most places underquote. Took me a while to find someone to do it for a good price, most i got quoted was 2 grand!!

The guy whos doing it had his own white RST parked outside the bodyshowhich he's just finished and it looks really smart so they should do a good job.

I got my engine bay and inside the car done for £100 including paint. I did do the prep work myself though. Had a quote for £900 for the rest of the car, I think thats not bad considering there are lots of dents every where.

yeah the average i was quoted was about £800, mines in pretty good nick for a 1990, few dents here and there and very little rust so i dont think it'd be a 'major' job. maybe i just got lucky finding a really good price!

man there is a crap load of corrado getting resprayed

next year corrado is going to take all the shows at this rate lol

looking good by the way chris

Nice one chris... seems like a good price, when did they say you'll have it back?

thats the catch, the price was so low cos they took the car as part payment ;)

the guy said (sucking air through teeth) about a week and a half, so i'm banking on more like 2 weeks! to be fair to them i dropped it off on monday afternoon and the pictures above were taken on thursday afternoon, so by the looks of things all the fiddly prep work is done now, and they just need to start rubbing it down before they paint it (i think, i'm no expert on the process!)

I'm going cold turkey on driving, getting lifts everywhere off mates begging them to let me change gears for them and touch their steering wheels :oops: cant wait to get my C back!

eventually bally yeah, i've spent quite alot on it recently so they might have to wait a few months! I'd like it dropping at least 50mm on 17's 8)

and no dave, steering wheel is only slang for steering wheel :lol: at least til i get a lift of one of my female friends!

and no dave, steering wheel is only slang for steering wheel :lol: at least til i get a lift of one of my female friends!

I really wouldn't recommend distracting a woman when she's driving ;)

/me hides