Sign in to follow this  
weetos

g60 fuel rail wiring question

Any one know if the fuel rail wiring loom 9sits in plastic assy can be lifted from another digi engine?

my local vag (dane chester) says its g60 only and no longer available! :(

the wirings all shot on mine very brittle and bare wires showing and touching each other

Ta

Lee

Yep - several Audi's use it too and they tend to be in better condition becuase of less heat damage / better airflow etc...

All your looking for it those 4 plugs into 1 as it's non sequantial - you may just need to swap the casing over as that is the corrado specific bit

Yep - several Audi's use it too and they tend to be in better condition becuase of less heat damage / better airflow etc...

All your looking for it those 4 plugs into 1 as it's non sequantial - you may just need to swap the casing over as that is the corrado specific bit

so they can be wired in both series or parallel nice.

i am a spark by trade.

do you know if the crimps in the plug will pull out? as i could just re-wire them but they seem to be sealed with something from above

The wiring harness has never been listed for G60 application. If you ask your friendly parts chap to look for a 'PB' engine code item and order that part number you will get the correct item. They are around £40. The majority of G60 injector looms are on their last legs now afteryears of being subject to heat.

The wiring harness has never been listed for G60 application. If you ask your friendly parts chap to look for a 'PB' engine code item and order that part number you will get the correct item. They are around £40. The majority of G60 injector looms are on their last legs now afteryears of being subject to heat.

Thanks for the info Steve I was wanting to change this part of the loom before fitting the new bottom end and new injectors as it wasn't looking to clever last time I looked.

off topic: Have you managed to dig out those cam spec's for the 1.9 P3 Newman cam we talked about. It's Chris from Formby by the way incase you were wondering who the hell I am. :)

Cheers beavis I'll try that

Should be fairly easy to knock a new loom up to be honest, you only need the correct cable diameter to make up a new one. (Number of strand does vary depending on early or late cars.)

When you work it out the OE looms are pretty cheap. The pin connectors for the end of the loom work out at a good £7 on their own, if you then add the price of the wire and fresh plugs and a good hour or so to silver solder it all together it is as cheap to buy one from the dealers. The only time it is worth cutting and shutting this loom is when fitting a aftermarket management system such as Emerald and changing the injectors from batch to sequential firing.

just to check do you mean the wires that are incase in the plastic bit that connects to the fuel rail, i have a couple of them lying around

thats the one ive managed to repair mine by splicing in new wire as close to the plug as i could could do with a new one really though