Sign in to follow this  
corradosyncro

corrado 16v turbo

8)

Get some more pics up of the engineering side dude!

What rear setup are you running? VR6 Syncro?

more pics please! nice to see the 16v turbos becoming more popular! would be interesting to compare all of them (along with mine if i ever get time to finish it!)

hi all

this started out as a 16v turbo technics car, then the old injection system gave up so i had a load of bits from a g60 about so what started as a quick change over ended up being about 3 mths of work

the engine in this one is

1.8 kr 16v

forged pistons

kr rods yet to break out and leave confines of block !!

metal three layer gasket

arp studs

lightened flywheel

baffle sump

g60 idle valve

440cc injectors

aeromotive rising rate fuel regulator

aeroquip fittings

twin areoquip oil coolers with fitings, themostat oil housing

i made a stainless steel fuel rail

digi 1 g60 ecu loom

audi s2 shorthened maifold,and thottle body

biggest intercooler i could find with was proper git to get in

all sfs silicone pipe

relocated battery to where rear seat would be got a optima red top

varoius other bits and bobs oh and of course blood sweat and tears

inovate motorsports wideband LM1 o2 with logworks

and if any one is stuck who is local i dont mind for bit of petrol will bring it over and plug it in there car, you will need bung in exhaust !!

the c.a.e shifter i can came from http://www.cae-racing.de it was about 809,00euros plus 100 euro for stainless race cables

heres a pic of engine now just going to start making it a bit pretty

and of build half way in

Fair play for getting that IC in there! :shock:

Looks like the same one I initially thought of fitting...but gave up when I realised the towing eye would have to be cut off to even come close to getting it to fit! :?

I think i seriously need 1 of those shifter towers way cool, and look alot better than the allsmiles i think as i remember tham.

Does it move the gearstick to the perfect position and how is the throw on them?

How does it mount etc?

And any more pics in the car of it?

hi will take some more pics in car

cae pics on my site can supply them

as you can see in pic above it is totally in line with steering wheel and perfect height

as for throw will measure but its not alot and you feel as if you are changing the gear from in side box the only way i can explain it is like when you change gear using you hand on a gearbox.

will try to take a vid and post on utube

i love it have had all sorts of quick shifts home made bought etc and nothing comes even close

no play at all totally solid

cheers corradosyncro.co.uk

I had a look last night on the website and could only find a pic similar to yours but still not as good as yours, goes to look again.

Just want to see a whole interior shot really see how it looks in the cabin as i am keeping the interior so not going for the full track look, i have a fairly good idea of what i want so if you can help me in my quest for how it looks that would be great.

cool will try to get some pics in car through window etc

i do need to do some thing with carpet but apart from that it sits right on top of where the old changer fits it has a laser cut bottom

that fits right over old changer housing

cheers

hi does any one know where to get or have got a v.a.g service book like one below but not in german for the abf 16v engine need some specs thanks

will buy borrow steal lol

theres one on my site side view also i can officaly offer cae shifters for sale for the mk1 mk2 mk3 polo and corrado will be getting some more pics up on the site soon have had busy old week got loads of stuff to put up on site will put a post up when i have updated cheers corradosyncro

pics of cae in car and relocated optima battery i can supply cae shifters and these billet optima battery holders info on site

also got my carbon mirrior trims and carbon rear spoiler on today can supply these aswell

I uspect you'll have some intererst in the carbon bits mate - it might be worth putting a thread up in the suppliers section of the forum if you can supply them :)