Sign in to follow this  
mrbeige

2.0l 16v Magnex -> 1.8 16v??

Very quick question. Will a Magnex fitted to a late valver fit an early one? I know that the hangers are different, but will it fit?

I believe the exhaust travels the same route on all Corrado's and you should be able to buy later hanger brackets direct from VAG. They just bolt onto the floor plan....... but I'm sure someone will confirm

Do it! :lol:

I believe the exhaust travels the same route on all Corrado's and you should be able to buy later hanger brackets direct from VAG. They just bolt onto the floor plan....... but I'm sure someone will confirm

Do it! :lol:

Well, if you can the hangers from VW, then I might have to get them :)

the 2l has a cat the 1.8 hasnt

Indeed, but the exuast is a CAT back system, and doesn't the 1.8 have a longer manifold and downpipe?

the 2l has a cat the 1.8 hasnt

Indeed, but the exuast is a CAT back system, and doesn't the 1.8 have a longer manifold and downpipe?

Yep true.

I believe the diameter of the pipes is the same.

As for rubber hangers you can get universal ones so that they can hang off/on a bar or a hook type hanger.

The downpipe on the 1.8 runs into the front silencer which sits where the cat on a 2.0 would, so I reckon it would be do-able.

Dunno if the mounting holes for the different hanging brackets are there in the floorpan or not though.

A few self tappers should hold it up? :lol:

It's sounding better every post! :D

I'll have a look under the 2.0 at the weekend and see if I can get the hangers off that and see if they will fit to the 1.8.

They should just unbolt off the crumble and go straight onto Gooney, then the pipe will fit nice and securely.

:)

The pipe legnths from the cat on a 2l or the downpipe from a 1.8 seem exactly the same.

They should just unbolt off the crumble and go straight onto Gooney, then the pipe will fit nice and securely.

:)

The pipe legnths from the cat on a 2l or the downpipe from a 1.8 seem exactly the same.

Sweeeeet, might have to try and sort that this weekend, along with stripping the Badcrumble completely :doc:

No Definately won't so you'll just have to sell it to me! :lol:

Seriously though if it doesn't I'm on First dibs for the exhaust! I need to lose the "quality" Walker Back-box!