VR6 South

VR6 South's Corrado History Another Addition p4

I've been on here for too long without posting any pics so here we go....... It all started with a valver about 15 years ago.

Camera161Pics074.jpg

Camera161Pics063.jpg

My old Storm Grey VR

My current VR which has been with me for about 8 years. It was treated to a new coat of paint lasy year.

Preps:

109-0920_IMG-1.jpg

Respray004.jpg

288's fitted thanks to Goldie and Toad who scared the neighbours (not really)!

109-0971_IMG.jpg

Wheel002.jpg

Wheel001.jpg

A CCGB meet from a few years ago. How many left?

102-0205_IMG.jpg

any pics of the painted one? painted?

first one looks super tidy, when you say "storm grey" what does that mean?

The colour was Storm Grey I think it was a 93/94 only colour.

I am looking for pics of the finished article at the moment. They did a lot of prep work for £1k job.

Marting, the Storm Grey one looks gorgeous, i cant believe you let it go tbh...

Blue ones look good and is the one i hold responsible for finaly after 10 years of wanting a Corrado made me take the plunge...

As for that Jetta, well, cracking daily...

Marting, the Storm Grey one looks gorgeous, i cant believe you let it go tbh...

I had to do it as I was becoming obsessive. You know the feeling :)

The Jetta hasn't missed a beat and is averaging 42mpg on the way to work! We may be parting company in the spring as I have someone potentially interested.

Looks like you've been busy too 8)

Blue ones look good and is the one i hold responsible for finaly after 10 years of wanting a Corrado made me take the plunge...

Don't blame me :lol: :lol:

Yeh, defo get more pics up! Looks fantastic. Why did you let it go?

It hadn't seen rain for four years and I was becoming obsessive so it was sold to someone locally was briefly on the forum. Some of the money went into my other Corrado. Running two Corrado VR's was a bit excessive.

I'll get some more pics up later.

wow Martin, I hadn't realised that your first one was sooooo good! More pics please and some of your current one after paint... 8)

Hello mate. Been a while! How're things? Had a similar experience with VR6 brakes last weekend!

Had a young lady come round looking tfor a place to live the other day, got chatting and she runs a Jetta GTi, her mate did a load of work to get it through the MOT, and "had" to lower it on a ridiculous setup, I've not seen it in the light yet, but I think she'll have issues with the driveway. :roll:

Well i will be the 1st to say about time you got some pics up.

Loving the 288's and wheel combo 8)

What's wrong it's only taken me just over 5 years!

:lol:

Quality engine bay mate and thanks again for reminding me how bad my front end is, im currently sporting 2 tone

Mostly Green Pearl Effect with a a contrasting Stonechip Metallic Pearl effect front end, i thought a quite rare dealer option as its not listed in the colours options for any year but apparently not so, many front ends have it.

Quality engine bay mate and thanks again for reminding me how bad my front end is, im currently sporting 2 tone

Mostly Green Pearl Effect with a a contrasting Stonechip Metallic Pearl effect front end, i thought a quite rare dealer option as its not listed in the colours options for any year but apparently not so, many front ends have it.

The front is only like that as it's been off the road since E38. I expect the summer months will take thier toll.

After being off the road since E38 the Corrado flew through it's MOT today now sporting Mk 4 rear calipers. Not even an advisory :D :D Insurance was only £206 (fully comp protectected) with the AA this year. Got to get my tax sorted out tomorrow and away I go :clap:

Good to see you back again Martin. Parked a G60 in the shed tonight, not mine, but I've started getting bad ideas about expanding the collection again....

Good to see you back again Martin. Parked a G60 in the shed tonight, not mine, but I've started getting bad ideas about expanding the collection again....

heh heh..