Supercharged

Where does the G60 metal water pipe bracket attach??

There is a bracket coming off the metal water pipe on the G60 engine that runs close to the oil filter / engine mount...

I can't see what it attaches too or does it slot into the front engine mount bracket???

TIA

Not 100% sure, but think it does slot into the engine mount - I remember this being loose when I changed my coolant hoses and not having a bolt to fix it to anything...

The lower metal coolant pipe did the same to me too, and that had a bracket that runs suspiciously close to the front engine mount too.

The Bentley and VAGcat are not much help on this topic, as I'm sure you know :wink: anyone got ETKA?

There is a bracket coming off the metal water pipe on the G60 engine that runs close to the oil filter / engine mount...

I can't see what it attaches too or does it slot into the front engine mount bracket???

TIA

Does this metal bracket section have a wierd 'C' section on it?

If it does then it is suppossed to slot into the passenger side of the front engine mount console (The bit that is between the engine and the front mount)

Oh good. I have been wondering where that is supposed to slot in for ages now!!!

Its amazing sometimes I do loads on the car n pay mega attention and all goes back in perfect.. I swap an engine mount pay no attention and im left with a bracket hanging and the question...'Where is that supposed to go??

Does this metal bracket section have a wierd 'C' section on it?

If it does then it is suppossed to slot into the passenger side of the front engine mount console (The bit that is between the engine and the front mount)

Bit of a long shot as this post is over 10 years old, but when the metal C section is located in the passenger side of engine mount, the rest of the metal tab wants to sit between the gearbox face and the mount. Doesn’t look right so wondered if there is a spacer or maybe my pipe requires bending to miss it? I’ve put a post up earlier today about this exact question showing some pics of mine. Had plans to do so much today but spent all day trying to sort this issue, no wonder my cars not finished :-)

Cheers Gary

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk