Sign in to follow this  
Traverse

Winter Package option questions

I've got a couple of questions regarding the 'winter package' option.

What was involved in it? I know it came with heated seats and heated wiper nozzles, and I think it also had heated brakes?

Was it offered in 1990, and can you install the heated seats with the red-dot interior?

How much work would it be to install all of the options excluding heated brakes?

Mine has heated washer jets, no heated seats or brakes though, i usually use my bum and my right foot to heat those up :)

i'm a 43 year old car nut and i've never heard of heated brakes ?checks date no not april the first , waits to be corrected ,but if they were offered it would have been in very very cold countrys , if cold brakes are a problem there must be easier ways than heating them

jets are easy fit most heated seats are leather in this country but have seen cloth recaro's heated in golfs

Rob

i'm a 43 year old car nut and i've never heard of heated brakes ?checks date no not april the first , waits to be corrected ,but if they were offered it would have been in very very cold countrys , if cold brakes are a problem there must be easier ways than heating them

jets are easy fit most heated seats are leather in this country but have seen cloth recaro's heated in golfs

Rob

Yeah, we have heated brakes over here. We also have cooled brakes, I guess.

I think the big question about installing the heated seats, is could the seats potentially catch fire? Also, where was the switch located at, for anyone who has these?

heated switch is on the dash has a thumb wheel to change temp and the heating pad in the seat has a thermo cut out so as long as its all working ok no fire :D

must be very cold over there what temp are we talking about ? i work for a forklift company (Linde) and we fit battery heaters and oil sump and fuel tank heaters for cold places so if you needed brake heaters chances are these may have been offered also ?

Rob

heated switch is on the dash has a thumb wheel to change temp and the heating pad in the seat has a thermo cut out so as long as its all working ok no fire :D

must be very cold over there what temp are we talking about ? i work for a forklift company (Linde) and we fit battery heaters and oil sump and fuel tank heaters for cold places so if you needed brake heaters chances are these may have been offered also ?

Rob

To give you an idea it's 11 degrees right now, not counting windchill. It's extremely windy and snowy.

But I was mistaken... All that this package was offered with was heated nozzles, heated seats and heated mirrors. I'm not sure what cars I've seen them on, but I think all of the high-end manufacturers put out heated brakes.

afaik heather washer nozzles and wing mirrors were standard fit items here. (usually knackered at this stage though)

I hope your talking 11 degrees f not c as were well below 11 c pretty much the whole year.

11 deg the whole year!! - You need to moe further South me thinks! :)

I thought the 'winter pack' was heated seats and headlight washers, as all the other things metioned were standard fit anyway?

I hope your talking 11 degrees f not c as were well below 11 c pretty much the whole year.

Oh yes i certainly do, the weather up here in the north of england has some of the finest cold weather the uk has to offer.

I believe the winter pack also included a pre-heater circuit by the oil breather. It's just a blank on our cars, but was fitted to cars sold in uber-cold climates (where 12 C aint all that cold... try more like -30).

Oh yes i certainly do, the weather up here in the north of england has some of the finest cold weather the uk has to offer.

Rotheram Ain't North you big wuss :lol: Try Living in the North East :D

Officially i do dont i? Just the south of it.

You think i would be used to the cold in my job, but mmmm NO, your right though i must be a big wuss then :D