Sign in to follow this  
kevg60

steering yanking to the left

hi i just drove g60 and steering started yanking to the left it only does it when i put my foot on the acclerator does anyone know whats wrong with it now

cheers in advance

kev

Check tyre pressures, if you've not changed anything geometry wise a difference in tyre pressures can make a big change to the way it pulls.

I had a mk2 golf that pulled to the left all the time because the rear passenger tyre had a slow puncture.

i dont think its tyre pressure when i go slow and litely press the pedal it yanks steering wheel to the left every couple of seconds and as i pick up speed it yanks faster (this sounds dodgy)

yeah most proberly will be serious knowing my luck with this car. my gues is driveshaft or diff just thought i see if this has happend to anyone else

does it pull backt he other way under braking? check all your wishbone bolts, should be really tight else the wishbone was move around, depending on what ones loose decided what ay it pulls.

it could be the torque-steer reducer has come loose and slipped down the driveshaft.

This looks like a small band of metal on the driveshaft.

it could be the torque-steer reducer has come loose and slipped down the driveshaft.

This looks like a small band of metal on the driveshaft.

isnt that a vibration damper and doesnt really do anything, when they come loose just cut them off - never noticing any difference

cheers for the replies just to confuse me even more it stoped doing it but know theres a dodgy noise coming from the left hand side i think its the cv joint got my MOT next week so i will get the garage to look at it