Sign in to follow this  
Purple Tom

Have found a Corrado Storm, pictures added 13/03/08

I couldn't leave that one, such a shame to see it like... its like one of those great barn finds in a classic car mag :D

I think you need to get the mileage and check it is a genuine Storm, that will make a huge huge difference and easier to put a price on it. Go with a battery booster to see the mileage and a pen to write down the VIN.

Should be a genuine storm with aircon and only 20k on the clock for 3.5k in that condition :wink:

I'd offer to wash it - seriously!

Only then will you know what it's like underneath. You'd be doing them a favour if you didn't want it and it'd give you a good chance to look it over.

I'd give the DVLA thing a go! I wouldn't care if it's harsh, it's much better than paying over the odds, and you get it free without breaking the law! Definitely worth a try in my opinion, if it doesn't work then nothing is lost.

Plus, when the time does come to sell it, think of the money that could be made!

Surly there's no way that you can just walk onto someones private land and take their car :lol: - no matter how long it's been sat. If it was on public land and wasn't tax'd then yes, you can claim them.

Oh, and i'm not sure why this is in here(members galleries)? no-ones bought it yet!

Moved :eek:

Is it not a little hopeful to think that if the DVLA contacted someone about ownership of a Storm which they value at 3.5k that they wouldn't actually reply confirming it is theirs??? :shrug: :roll:

is kinda harsh as said, but also as said id go offer to give it a wash over, take jumper pack and pen/paper with you and write down all the info from the car. see what comes up, if its a storm then see what you can get him down to. if its no then point and laugh in his face, lots :norty:

I agree with Phil - no way you could ever claim it as yours and instant Karma would get you. Clean it - have a swatch - and offer him £2500 max. In all fairness - who's gonna give him more - especially in that state!

Good luck.

chances are if the DVLA thing went thru, just out of pure spite the arse of it would fall out lol. think how you would like it :p ( i know noone in the right mind would leave there C to do that) BUT gotta think of it all :p lol

Didn't notice all of these replies!

First things first - the DVLA thing. Not a chance of working because having your name on the V5 doesn't actually mean anything! It doesn't prove you're the legal OWNER of the car, just that you're the registered keeper. For it to be legally binding there would need to be a receipt for the vehicle signed by both myself and the owner at the very least!

I'm going to leave it a bit for him to stew. I'm still very interested in the car, but not for anywhere near £3.5k! Oh, and its not got A/C either, just the normal Storm sunroof.

I think I'm going to wait about a month and get back in touch to see if I can go view the car. There's no reason why he shouldn't let me wash it, as has been said it will give me a good idea of what its really like.

I don't know this ended up in members gallery either, I didn't put it there :?

Will let you all know how I get on.

Tom

Best way i think. The DVLA route was a very bad idea, and should never be done unless under extreme circumstances, such as saving a car from the crusher etc

Just to resurrect this old thread - the car is still there and really needs a new home!

Would anyone be interested if I went to make enquiries? I reckon he'd let it go for much less than £3.5k now - if someone wants a Storm and also fancies a bit of a restoration project then it'd be a good buy :)

I was actually there again yesterday. Ended up speaking to the owner, he's been trying to get it to start for 5 days! Its had an alarm/immobiliser fitted which has really buggered things up, he can't trace the wiring for it and therefore it won't start.

It won't even crank as the immobiliser is on not only the fuel pump feed but also the feed to the starter solenoid.

I told him its probably worth about £500 in that state, and he agreed, so I'm awaiting a phone call :)

Let me know how you get on. Be interested to see what it's like once the grime is gone. How's the interior? Has it gone mouldy after being locked up for so long?

£500 for a non running, non MOT'd, non Tax'd car thats been sitting for approx 4 years... hmm, if you have a bit of time and money maybe good idea but bare in mind it could end up costing you a hell of alot, will maybe need new shocks, new bushes, new discs, near bearings, new tyres, possibly some welding if its rotten and thats off the top of my head.

Best of luck with it, you'll have to get some pics up of it!