Sign in to follow this  
paul20v

daily or garaged

Daily or Weekend / Summer Toy...?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Daily or Weekend / Summer Toy...?

hi

i have been reading through this forum for a good while now,

and i am seeing a lot of people dont really use there C s on a regular basis ie. daily ,i was just wondering how many this actually is i would like to run a poll ,

but dont now how too, just being nosey really

edit;

i should have said i use mine daily weekdays around 15-20 miles,

and a good blast most weekends. :)

edit;

fantastic a pole so we can have a true % reading :salute: it will be intresting , or maybe i am still being nosey :D

Mines garaged but is my main car, i walk to work so i dont need to drive it everyday. the garage of mine is like 10 minute walk from my house so its not the easiest option if i just fancy going for a drive, so probably 5 days a week it stays still :)

Mine used to be garaged and used only when I really wanted to us it (once every 2 weeks maybe, very little use over winter/on salty roads, would hose it down when it had been on salty roads)....

Now (since Feb) its being used 3-4 times a week...(and not grumbling)..

Either way even when it was garaged, it was never left more than 3 weeks without use, so the kind of issues that may crop up with stored cars (hardened hoses, weak battery leading to flooded engine on attempting to start etc) never really cropped up, just learned to leave it in gear and off the handbrake in the garage to ensure the rear callipers didn't seize..

Daily! But garaged when I can be bothered to put it away on an evening :)

Was my daily until about 6-7 years ago and I was on a car allowance but increasing business travel forced me to buy a company car. Couldn't part with it so it's now Sorn'd between October - April and has 6 months summer use only so doesn't even qualify for the poll I guess

April is approaching fast though so MOT and service next week, off Sorn and back on the road - can hardly wait :)

This is my only car, and so obviously my daily car. Lately I have been doing a lot of miles in it but planning on get a second car around xmas time which will then be my daily and this will be my weekend.

I use min e daily which is about 40miles a day. So i have to carry out any work on the weekends and get it ready for work. In fact I swapped the gearbox on my car this weekend ready for the drive back to work.

I reckon its great having a show car but theres no fun in it, the cars are built to be driven.

Technically I don't have a daily car. I use my rado to drive to and from school and little erands around there, but for the most part it just sits in a lot and goes days without being touched.

I do 70-80 miles every day mon-fri, and anything from 0 to 200 miles on a weekend. I've put 45k miles on it in three years! I also have a mk2 gti, which I alternate between the rado and that about once a month.

I've just woken mine from just under a years hibernation, I have a van for work and general running about, so now i have got my enthusiasim back to get it back on the road, it will still only be used as a second car. I guess if i didnt have the option it would be used daily.

Odd - the poll vanished?! I added it earlier today and voted... i'll go re-add it now.

Poll recreated. The old one was sort of hiding there but had to delete / re-add for it to work properly so any voters will need to re-vote!

Cheers.

My Vr6 did 1500 mles last year, purely pleasure. Its on trickle charge, covered in a blanket most of the time, in and out of the garage for improvements and pampering. My other half says that I pay it more attention than her :shrug: its a thin line between passion and obsession :roll:

My Vr6 did 1500 mles last year, purely pleasure. Its on trickle charge, covered in a blanket most of the time, in and out of the garage for improvements and pampering. My other half says that I pay it more attention than her :shrug: its a thin line between passion and obsession :roll:

well at least she knows who the other woman is :D

and the poll is back :clap:

Even though my C has been in a bodyshop for over a year it was never used as a daily. I have a van for work and would use the C a few eves a week and on the weekends. It would either be left on the drive or on the road when not in use. Since the car went away for paint I have bought a house with a garage so it will stay in that now. Will drive it even less than I used to as I'm gonna be a little worried about driving it, because last year it almost got written off with light front end damage. Will probably insure it with a limited 3k miles a year next time.

I do agree with the opinion that cars were built to be driven.. thats why I'll be rebuilding my G40 this year. Have also just bought an S3 for me and the missus so will be enjoying some 'driving' in that! I just feel that I've spent/am spending far far too much money on my C for it to be hit by some idiot and written off for £2500 again!

Daily and it ruddy shows.:splat:

I know that feeling. A friend commented on the stonechips on the front of the car the other day - I wanted to say to him "Lets see what your Peugeot 206 looks like at 183,000 miles!!" :|

Daily and it ruddy shows.:splat:

I know that feeling. A friend commented on the stonechips on the front of the car the other day - I wanted to say to him "Lets see what your Peugeot 206 looks like at 183,000 miles!!" :|

his pug wont be alive at 180k :grin: