Sign in to follow this  
C. Will Corrado G60 2

Cracked Fuel Tank !!!!!!!

Ok, so I've had a petrol smell for a while and thought it was the seal on the fuel pump but found out it's a cracked fuel tank :shock: :shock:.

My car is a 1991 G60 (with a VR6 conversion). Can I fit a VR6 fuel tank or are the fuel tanks different for each model e.g. 16v, g60 & VR6?

Any help much appreciated.

There is an early (12 gallon) and a late (15 gallon) tank, your G probably would have had an early tank but i think either should fit :D

*EDIT* My bad, guess either won't fit judging by Yandards post below :(

Ok, so I've had a petrol smell for a while and thought it was the seal on the fuel pump but found out it's a cracked fuel tank :shock: :shock:.

My car is a 1991 G60 (with a VR6 conversion). Can I fit a VR6 fuel tank or are the fuel tanks different for each model e.g. 16v, g60 & VR6?

Any help much appreciated.

Do you have a 55 litre tank fitted ATM?

Need to know the chassis number to give you a proper answer to the question but you wont be able to fit the larger 70 litre tank as they revised the boot floor design to accomodate the larger tank.

There are also 2 version of the 55 litre tank fitted to the G60 as well.

Need to know the chassis number to give you a proper answer to the question but you wont be able to fit the larger 70 litre tank as they revised the boot floor design to accomodate the larger tank.

My are is a 1991 Pre-face lift model if that's any help.

From the above it seems I need a 1991 (pre-face lift) g60 fuel tank to be safe. Great that's just reduced my chances of finding one then. :(

My are is a 1991 Pre-face lift model if that's any help.

From the above it seems I need a 1991 (pre-face lift) g60 fuel tank to be safe. Great that's just reduced my chances of finding one then. :(

There is a tank change mid way through 91. PM me your chassis no and I will get back to you with a definitive answer.

I have a tank from My G60 up for grabs if your Interested? 89 to 91 model from a left hand drive is the same I believe as yours I was in VAG the other day trying to get a fuel gauge it would appear there is only 2 types as I was told but the guys in the parts depts aren't always to bright when it comes to the corrado anyway I am selling mine as unfortunately my wiring loom caught fire 2 years ago :( but is okay got me a 16v instead :) still was a shame coz the older one had better seats and all the extras that you don't get over here, from bloody rip off britain