Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Corrado car cover

Ok, i will be moving North shortly and so will be garageless so am thinking of getting a car cover. From a small bit of research there seem to be many types available, indoor use, outdoor, long term blah blah so im not sure what the best bet is.. I need one that is for outdoor use for periods up to 3 months at a time and want it tailored to the car..

So, anyone got one, where did it come from, any recomendations, any other info i need to know as i want something decent and dont mind paying accordingly, i dont want anything that is going to make a mess...

Thanks in advance...

i didfind a really good company a while ago, i was going to use them for my old VR6 Golf, (which is now sold!) they were expensive but lined with some fancy soft material, not the 'so called' non scratch stuff you find in halfords! they were silly prices though, about £500, i think. ill try and find the website for you...

i think your just making a point that it rains more in the north - whats your problem sonny jim your car made of paper!!!

hahahaha only joking - i was going to get one over the winter while i get the bits to sort my sunroof out, let me know how you get on

:D

Its not really the rain im worried about and your right there maybe is a spot or two more up here.. I dont want presents from the birds sitting on the car for long periods/direct sunlight..

Council garages, ive been searching high and low for a garage to rent but you know the score i want it somewhere im going to have a car to come back to..

Ill have a look into the link Dan and do some homework and post up what i find out..

Its not really the rain im worried about and your right there maybe is a spot or two more up here.. I dont want presents from the birds sitting on the car for long periods/direct sunlight..

Council garages, ive been searching high and low for a garage to rent but you know the score i want it somewhere im going to have a car to come back to..

Ill have a look into the link Dan and do some homework and post up what i find out..

The best outdoor option is this I think :carcoon

Looks a bit naff but I had a very good quality breathable cover on my Triumph and it still made the paint blister, I'd like an indoor one for my C.

Hi Mate,

I use an outdoor fully waterproof/dustproof/breathable etc on mine when its in the garage as it offers better protection anyway. Its fleecy lined too and i picked it up from Netto for £10 :clap: they come around every so often so keep an eve out :grin:

Now I'm garaging mine on a regular basis I wouldn't mind one of these but I don't think we have any Nettos down here?

Hi Vaughan,

Next time i see the covers advertised i'll go round sheffield collecting some to sell on as there's 4 around here but the stores only seem to have 2 0r 3 covers each for some reason :roll:

It was the one i used while we were camping at prescott if you remember?

Hi Vaughan,

Next time i see the covers advertised i'll go round sheffield collecting some to sell on as there's 4 around here but the stores only seem to have 2 0r 3 covers each for some reason :roll:

It was the one i used while we were camping at prescott if you remember?

Ah yes remember that. Thanks a lot Kip, I'll definitely be first in line and will pick your brains sometime about other tips for storage (sure I've seen the odd thread on it).

PS. Glad to hear you got the old girl round the ring unscathed :)

Hi All,

Anyone who wants a car cover for a silly amount of £10 get yourself down to your nearest Netto Now as they are in the shops from today! :clap: Waterproof, breathable and fleecy lined.

Find your local store on their website too.

Please remember that they are a slightly oversize fit bot with a little needlewory on the back end they're spot on.

I accept no responsability should anyone use one and find it damages their car :lol:

I use mine in the garage by the way and works a treat to keep the dust out and the wax looking like it was applied yesterday.