daves16v

The annoying loose handbrake tunnel cover - a solution!

I'll have to double check but im pretty sure i dont have the plastic piece the bracket attaches to - has a screw hole in the top. I have the handbrake cover but there it a screw that would sit under the handbrake but now where for it to screw into under the cover??? :shrug:

I'll have to double check but im pretty sure i dont have the plastic piece the bracket attaches to - has a screw hole in the top. I have the handbrake cover but there it a screw that would sit under the handbrake but now where for it to screw into under the cover??? :shrug:

The bracket attaches to the the main tunnel piece that runs from the gear surround to the rear seat. There is a cover that attaches to this and also the rear ashtray fits into. I think you would know if you didn't have this as it would expose open carpet areas, the handbrake mechanism, handbrake cable tubes, screws etc.

Yeah i have that piece. But in the pic it looks as though you have removed the plastic tunnel (as you say, that runs from the gear surround to the rear seats) but there looks as though theres still a plastic fixing under the handbrake in that pic - has the metal bracket attached to it. which is seperate from the plastic tunnel.

There is no other plastic part under there. What you see in the photo is the bracket attached to the plastic tunnel and then attached to the floor, that's it nothing else.

There is no other plastic part under there. What you see in the photo is the bracket attached to the plastic tunnel and then attached to the floor, that's it nothing else.

Ah right, my mistake. But if thats the tunnel then where is the part of it that sits directly behind the gear stick

Ah right, my mistake. But if thats the tunnel then where is the part of it that sits directly behind the gear stick

There is a plastic cover that screws to the tunnel section, it surrounds the handbrake. It attaches with 1 screw at the front and 1 screw hidden under the ashtray.

Hi Daves16v,

Can I have one please. With the Taps and drill bit.

Thanks

PM sent.

Hi Daves16v,

Can I have one please. With the Taps and drill bit.

Thanks

PM sent.

hey daves... any chance i could get one? same as above... taps and drill bit...

Cheers,

Kris

all fitted. works perfectly.

another great solution from daves16v :clap:

Thanks bud :D

Received mine today,excellent piece of bracketry,

Cant wait for the seat adjusters to go back in production ! :clap:

Let alone the tank straps !

Only jesting with you,

thanks for the parts

hi there could i have one of these brackets please dont need the bit tho, send me a pm with all the details and i can send you the payment with my addresse cheers.

Yes please... am away from home at the mo and fro the next few weeks. Can I touch base with you later?

Yeah whenever you're ready.

Daves16V

I'd like one of these (with drill and tap). Could you let me know how you would like payment?

Thanks.