Sign in to follow this  
Goldie

Couple of KR questions

This is in relation to my Golf but does anyone know if a clutch from a 9a is the same as the KR, ive got one that is good as new and would like to use it if possible???

Secondly, in the last couple of days ive started getting a bit of speedo wobble going on, nothing to violent but between 40 and 55 mph ish it does have a little bit of a dance, anyone got any suggestions of what i can start looking at to put that right??

Thanks..

If your golf has a cable change 02A box fitted then yes (1.8 and 2L corrados use the same clutch), otherwise the mk2's rod change box on the KR is totally different anyway.

I reckon the speedo is the pickup on the back of the gauges, if you have the cable driven speedo, rather than the electrical sender in the top of the gearbox. I'd imagine new clocks would be needed, never really investigated those bits separately, don't know if they're soldered on.

It is the rod change box, was hoping that the internals of the clutch may have been the same, worth a shout..

It is the rod change box, was hoping that the internals of the clutch may have been the same, worth a shout..

no, sorry, 210mm on KR golf, 228mm clutch on 16v Corrados

Shame but thanks for the answer..

Off to buy a new clutch very soon then, 9a one will be involved in a garage clearout soon then..