Sign in to follow this  
Slimg60

Rim Wax-is it worth it?

I'm getting fed up with scrubbing the BBS clean all the while, one of the guys I work with has said I should use rim wax as it makes them mega easy to clean. Is this true? And how difficult is it to use, will it take me ages to do all the wheels?

Cheers

Slim

I dunno if there's a product called Rim-Wax, but certainly waxing your rims will make them a darned sight easier to clean - the brake dust just wipes right off.

Yer- wax for rims is what I meant but was too lazy to type it out.

So whats the best stuff to go for then? obviously not rim wax :lol:

RimWax is made by SmartWax, and its decent stuff.No need to pay silly money for any of these other 'new' amazing products on the market these days...

If you polish the wheels a couple of times to get them mint, apply the wax a couple times and they will without doubt wash off more easily and in general be easier to keep on top of.

I wash the insides of my wheels every now and again,and they are still like new while using RimWax.

Ill have some of this at trade price btw at v.a.g 08 on sunday. :wave:

http://www.V-A-G.co.uk

Neil.

I dunno if there's a product called Rim-Wax, but certainly waxing your rims will make them a darned sight easier to clean - the brake dust just wipes right off.

Noo, that's what anthracite or black wheels are for, no need to worry about brake dust build-up! Plus they look awesomes 8)

You boys admitted to knowing what batty boys use to lubricate their backsides with? :lol:

Wheel waxes help to a degree, but even the toughest ones can't handle the heat.

It's all down to the pads used. No wax will fend off dust from racing pads.

You boys admitted to knowing what batty boys use to lubricate their backsides with? :lol:

Wheel waxes help to a degree, but even the toughest ones can't handle the heat.

It's all down to the pads used. No wax will fend off dust from racing pads.

Your getting carried away now Kev, Forced induction your thread :lol:

so going back to the origanal question as a few of you seem to be talking about other rim or ring care :camp: , i've just had some alloys refurbed is there any advice on putting any sort of wax or polish (or ky jelly) on them before i put them on the care to preserve them a bit :shrug:

so going back to the origanal question as a few of you seem to be talking about other rim or ring care :camp: , i've just had some alloys refurbed is there any advice on putting any sort of wax or polish (or ky jelly) on them before i put them on the care to preserve them a bit :shrug:

:camp: is now tops the list for the most used smilie! :lol:

Sorry off topic i know.

how about this - http://www.alloywheelwax.com/

stick some plastic sheeting over each wheel. That way people see the wheels, they stay clean, and you look oh so cool. 8)

RimWax is made by SmartWax, and its decent stuff.No need to pay silly money for any of these other 'new' amazing products on the market these days...

If you polish the wheels a couple of times to get them mint, apply the wax a couple times and they will without doubt wash off more easily and in general be easier to keep on top of.

I wash the insides of my wheels every now and again,and they are still like new while using RimWax.

Ill have some of this at trade price btw at v.a.g 08 on sunday. :wave:

http://www.V-A-G.co.uk

Neil.

Unfortunately I cant make sunday, but if you can post I'd be interested 8)